Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need behavioral therapist for Springer

• 29-09-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi, as the title says I need professional help with my dog. She is a springer/cocker cross, shows more springer traits than cocker. She is five and a half years old. She is well exercised ie 3 -4 walks a day, at least one of them will be for an hour, but usually 2 hrs.

Now for the issues: She is extremely attached to me, my OH and two adult children try to bring her for a walk and she will not go if I am in the house. While I do most of the walks this can be very hard at times. She is beside me at ALL times when I am in the house. I work full time and she is well used to the routine and accepts me leaving, but towards the time I am due home she will sit on the window sill waiting for me.

She wont let any dog near me, while she wont bite she does warn them off. She only really plays with two dogs of friends of mine, yet if they are playing and another dog comes along she will walk away. Other big problem is she wont wiz or biz ;) anywhere near the house. This means we have to bring her out last thing at night and first thing in the morning, and if there is another dog in the park/field she wont go !

When we got her at 8 weeks we made sure to read all the books and made sure she was well socialized. The vet has told us to just accept her "nuttiness":) which we do but it can be hard as she seems so needy a lot of the time.

DBB you have posted the name of a behavioral therapist before, I think her name was Wendy ?.... can you send me her details. Sorry for the long post but I would love to make her more sociable and independable, she is such a large part of our family. Any advice welcome !

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I don't think I know a Wendy :o
    Where are you based?
    You've a bigger battle on your hands as she's had years to develop the habit, but there may be little tricks of the trade to help her feel more confident in herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

DBB wrote: »
    I don't think I know a Wendy :o
    Where are you based?
    You've a bigger battle on your hands as she's had years to develop the habit, but there may be little tricks of the trade to help her feel more confident in herself.

Based in South Dublin. And agree have let the habits develop, but any bit of help/advice at the moment would be great :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

That'd be the wonderful Emmaline Duffy-Fallon, http://www.citizencanineireland.com

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

DBB wrote: »
    That'd be the wonderful Emmaline Duffy-Fallon, http://www.citizencanineireland.com

:)

Brilliant, thanks. I will give her a call :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

wiz or biz lol!!! :D:D:D

Emmaline is brilliant. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement