Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Sale agreed!

Congratulations :) it feels very real once you see that sale agreed sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

Sale agreed!

Congrats, now the funny really begins! Best of luck with it all, a stressful time and I hope I don't have to do it again any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks guys! Estate agent is talking about 4-6 weeks to close as the property is currently empty. I've had a busy morning but think everything we can do for now is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Thanks guys! Estate agent is talking about 4-6 weeks to close as the property is currently empty. I've had a busy morning but think everything we can do for now is done

The place I bought was empty and it still took 4 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hi so when you go sale agreed on a property how long after do you have to pay the booking deposit? Like that day or are you usually given a few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

We paid the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

We paid the day after.

Thanks hawkeye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Prob a stupid question but what is the difference between a sale and sale agreed? we hoping to hear from the bank today or tommorow on when we can go and talk about our mortgage. miles away from your stage angel delight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

mollybird wrote: »
    Prob a stupid question but what is the difference between a sale and sale agreed? we hoping to hear from the bank today or tommorow on when we can go and talk about our mortgage. miles away from your stage angel delight. :)

Sale agreed is once agent confirms seller has agreed to accept your offer. It's a word of mouth agreement. It's always subject to contract. You pay your €5k booking deposit pretty much immediately. Then you engage your solicitor, provide their details to the estate agent who will confirm status and provide sellers solicitors details. How long the legal process until sale completion is anyone's guess, it all depends on what the solicitors searches and queries throw up and responses given. Either party can pull out at any stage up until contracts are signed.

geez wrote: »
    Hi so when you go sale agreed on a property how long after do you have to pay the booking deposit? Like that day or are you usually given a few days?

We paid 4 days later and make sure you get a receipt

• Advertisement

We paid the day after by electronic transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

we are currently waiting on the bank to get back to us on a day to meet with them next week to talk about the mortgage. they were supposed to get back to himself in the afternoon but they never did. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

what ratio of your take home monthly salary should you be spending on mortgage monthly repayments?

I am trying to figure out what I can pay back.

currently between rent and savings I live on 32% of my take home

I am cohabiting with my partner,she is living on similar

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Just went Sale Agreed!

After 2 long years of looking. Just so relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Just went Sale Agreed!

Congrats.
    Wow 2 years is a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Just went Sale Agreed!

Congratulations, must be a great feeling.

I've been looking for about 15 months, hoping to find something soon but there ain't much out there.

Congratulations, must be a great feeling.

I've been looking for about 15 months, hoping to find something soon but there ain't much out there.

Thanks! It really is!

Only advice I can give you is to keep the faith. We were bidding on another house in this estate before Christmas, and got outbid.

Then we got this one for 10K less, so pretty chuffed at that!

Just went Sale Agreed!

Congrats :)

Thanks! It really is!

Only advice I can give you is to keep the faith. We were bidding on another house in this estate before Christmas, and got outbid.

Then we got this one for 10K less, so pretty chuffed at that!

Well, having been sure I was out of the picture on a house I viewed a while back I just got the news that the other party has dropped out of the bidding and my offer has been accepted :):p

Well, having been sure I was out of the picture on a house I viewed a while back I just got the news that the other party has dropped out of the bidding and my offer has been accepted :):p

Oh WOW! Congrats!! I'd like to think I influenced that cosmic-ly somehow LOL!

• Advertisement

Oh WOW! Congrats!! I'd like to think I influenced that cosmic-ly somehow LOL!

I'm quite sure you did, cheers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

We are currently bidding in a house too but when do you bring in the surveyor to check out the house ? Is that after you get sale agreed ? All new to this process and congratulations to every one who has sale agreed exciting times.

Yep after sale agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Just went Sale Agreed!

Well done. Fingers crossed for you that the sale goes through. So many stories here of Sale agreed's falling through here.

Meanwhile I'm stuck in a bidding war the last few weeks, and only seem to be getting an update on a weekly basis so it's really starting to drag out now :silly:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Drove through Royal Canal Park in Ashtown today and there is a good few houses being built there at the moment. Anyone any idea what price these are going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I was there today for a wander past (we bought in one of the earlier phases).

There was a new launch today of the four beds along Bridge Avenue and the 3 beds on Phelan Drive East. About half of them sold today, it's open again at 2pm tomorrow.

4 bed Heron are now E380K
    4 Bed Willow End of Terrace are E400k
    4 Bed with garage E410K

I believe the 3 bed detached were E375K.

There's a big thread on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99437173

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Went to view our first house today! All very real now that the process has begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Guys,

I'm moving into my place in 2 months. It's a new build 3 bed semi d.

Few questions:

Can I only do the valuation and home insurance at completion date if not earlier?

I got Life Insurance out a month ago so I assume the bank will accept that.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Guys,

I'm moving into my place in 2 months. It's a new build 3 bed semi d.

Few questions:

Can I only do the valuation and home insurance at completion date if not earlier?

I got Life Insurance out a month ago so I assume the bank will accept that.

Thanks.

The bank/mortgage need to be the beneficiary of your life insurance so you will need to adjust the policy. You cant insure what you don't own so you need to take out house insurance once you become liable for the house. I have no idea with a new build when that actually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

greedy bump ;)

someones life changing news of sale agreed stole me thunder ;)

guile4582 wrote: »
    what ratio of your take home monthly salary should you be spending on mortgage monthly repayments?

I am trying to figure out what I can pay back.

currently between rent and savings I live on 32% of my take home

I am cohabiting with my partner,she is living on similar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement