Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

We were told by the EA that receivers have been known to pull the property even if it achieves asking

Yeh this. I don't think they are straight forward sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

If a survey finds any defects in a receivership sale, they will not remedy them. They will only sell the house as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Getting quite fed up now. I've got the solicitor emailing me all the time putting pressure on to hurry things up and the broker is just happy for things to plod along. It's quite stressful playing messenger between them. I've a mind to tell them to stop sending me emails and just call each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Do exactly that loveisdevine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Sleepy wrote: »
    So, 2 weeks after getting keys and it'll now be Sunday before we move in.

Found a load of issues the surveyor missed or under-rated, have had to have two rooms chipped back to the brick and re-bonded and plastered and the windows are in far worse condition than noted in is report... Luckily I was able to re-juggle our finances a bit to cover the plastering work and got it at a very good rate but it was still north of two and a half grand of unexpected expenditure.

One tip for anyone who'll be taking out home improvement loans after closing is to go talk to a bank, the credit union rates are far higher than the main banks at the moment and with a bank loan, there's no need to leave a chunk of your savings in place!

That's a pain, but it's done now. We how to move in on Saturday. Herself is mad cleaning the place haha. Busy day tomorrow with blinds being put in, bed being delivered and Sky Q being installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Getting quite fed up now. I've got the solicitor emailing me all the time putting pressure on to hurry things up and the broker is just happy for things to plod along. It's quite stressful playing messenger between them. I've a mind to tell them to stop sending me emails and just call each other!
    Nothing as frustrating as being stuck in the middle , I think my best decision has been to physically turn up at offices when things aren't happening. At least I feel I'm doing something and people tend to prioritise when you are standing in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Is this in Cork by any chance? Friends of mine bidding on a house this week and it's now currently 50k over asking! Detached 3 bed in a newish estate.

Have a strange feeling I could possibly know the house in question- Came on the market at the start of August for 380k and is now 440k as of 5pm today....our offer of 425 was us at our last offer at a huge stretch- we're out :(:(:( I'm seriously considering buying a mobile home :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hi, great thread, following a while. Can anyone tell me roughly how much the valuation costs to get done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ugh irritating day. EA got annoyed with us asking for the cert we need asap even though he had implied in his original reply that he had known it wasn't a green cert he sent me. Pain in the neck. No one will buy the bloody house without it so if he suspected you'd think he'd have gone straight back to his sellers and said so. Delays us on loan offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Hi, great thread, following a while. Can anyone tell me roughly how much the valuation costs to get done?

My broker is arranging one for €130

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Thanks for reply, didn't think it would be that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks for reply, didn't think it would be that much!

Get used to that feeling, all the little extra things you need add up fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

koriko wrote: »
    Have a strange feeling I could possibly know the house in question- Came on the market at the start of August for 380k and is now 440k as of 5pm today....our offer of 425 was us at our last offer at a huge stretch- we're out :(:(:( I'm seriously considering buying a mobile home :D:D

Perhaps it is, our friends pulled out at 400k! Utter madness.

@Santy, people you know were going to let the EA enter your house even though they knew it was yours? Maybe I picked that up incorrectly. Either way, I hope you've complained. That is outrageous behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Perhaps it is, our friends pulled out at 400k! Utter madness.

@Santy, people you know were going to let the EA enter your house even though they knew it was yours? Maybe I picked that up incorrectly. Either way, I hope you've complained. That is outrageous behaviour.

They weren't too sure of the exact house at the time but straight away after sent us a message. We have complained. It was ridiculous behaviour and I wouldn't expect any less from the same EA. Our side gate was put up on Saturday Pitt it wasn't Thursday. The fact that my mother was just after leaving after our appliances were delivered that the EA tried it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Santy2015 wrote: »
    That's a pain, but it's done now. We how to move in on Saturday. Herself is mad cleaning the place haha. Busy day tomorrow with blinds being put in, bed being delivered and Sky Q being installed

Nothing, absolutely nothing beats the first night in your new house!! :)

I'm on nights this week and Saturday morning was my first sleep. :)

Yesterday it was put to the test with 23c outside, blackout blinds and curtains are so good. I had the best sleep in years got up at 6pm :D

My house isint quite fully livable yet. I'm waiting on oven, hob and dishwasher.

My living room is empty but upstairs is pretty good have two beds in and blinds/curtains up throughout. I'll take my time though, might need made to measure corner sofa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

A broker told us between 150 and 250
    BOI are looking for 130

I think Ulster Bank do it for free

EA/Builders are looking for us to sign contracts. We have everything in place, just awaiting the builders to allow us on site for a look around. Have the life insurance sorted. Think we're ready to go!

Stuck in a bit of a pickle now, we need the new car that we've paid a deposit on but I don't want to set up the finance until the mortgage is drawn down, however that keeps getting delayed.

Should I ask the broker is setting up the finance would be ok, or are they obliged to report it to the bank? It's a small monthly amount and it's not going to affect our repayment ability, but I don't want to delay things further if they decide to look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Cant you rent a car for a few weeks to get over the hump?

Yes that's an option I suppose. It's more money we hadn't intended on spending though. Stupid bank. They have all the docs now, but apparently some of them haven't been scanned into our file yet, so they can't start issuing the funds yet. How long does it take to scan something! It's so annoying knowing it's just sat on someone's desk doing nothing.

If you have the offer letter, I'd say it shouldn't matter?

• Advertisement

I mentioned a few pages back that I wasn't sure if they did some sort of last minute check when they are releasing funds to make sure you haven't lost your job or taken out a huge loan or anything.

I'll just have to wait I guess, I don't want to jeopardise the mortgage. There's just so many things in the air at the moment, it would be nice to have even one of them done and dusted.

I'd like to just ask the broker so I know one way or the other. But like I said I don't know if they are obligated to tell the bank.

Once they're an independent mortgage broker, you'll be fine. Our mortgage broker certainly helped us to hide a few things we didn't want the bank to know about. They know the processes and rules and how to play them to your best advantage. As they only get paid when you drawdown, they'd be on your side in this scenario, even though it's the bank paying them.

Yeah you're right. I'll just ask. I haven't actually signed up for anything so it's basically theoretical as far as they are concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

They can recheck things and deny the mortgage when it comes to drawdown.

Thats how some properties go sale agreed and then the finance falls through.

Broker confirmed it's safer to wait until funds are released. Bank are now saying the funds should be in the solicitors account on Friday, so fingers crossed. I wish it wasn't falling on a Friday though, any problems and it means we're looking at the following week because of the weekend.

Aah I'm climbing the walls here! Either the owner found the cert last night or they didn't, just bloody tell us which one it is. How hard is it to send a requested document to the EA and have them forward it? They won't be able to sell the bloody house if they don't have the Green cert and it will be deemed unsuitable for a mortgage. This is such a stupid thing to have a delay on and driving me nuts because if they haven't/can't get it then we'll have to completely withdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

hardCopy wrote: »
    Went sale agreed today! Eager to move as fast as possible and apparently so are the sellers. We're renting and it's an executor sale so hopefully won't be too much messing around. We've been looking since January, can't believe we finally got something.

Loan offer formally issued today, signing contracts on Thursday, after Sale Agreed on 20th of July. Hopefully all will be done and dusted before month end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Aah I'm climbing the walls here! Either the owner found the cert last night or they didn't, just bloody tell us which one it is. How hard is it to send a requested document to the EA and have them forward it? They won't be able to sell the bloody house if they don't have the Green cert and it will be deemed unsuitable for a mortgage. This is such a stupid thing to have a delay on and driving me nuts because if they haven't/can't get it then we'll have to completely withdraw

Whats a green cert? Never came across it buying or selling.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Loan offer formally issued today, signing contracts on Thursday, after Sale Agreed on 20th of July. Hopefully all will be done and dusted before month end.

Thats great!!

• Advertisement

Rew wrote: »
    Whats a green cert? Never came across it buying or selling.

Pyrite remediation works. It verifies that they have been rectified

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement