Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

WE went Sale agreed today. 25,000 less than the asking price, the surveyor is done and our solicitor get the paperwork. Oh my hopefully all goes smooth and quick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Siipina wrote: »
    WE went Sale agreed today. 25,000 less than the asking price, the surveyor is done and our solicitor get the paperwork. Oh my hopefully all goes smooth and quick

Congrats!
    Hope all works out from here on.
    Do you mind me asking roughly where (county) you are?
    Nearly all in Dublin I've been looking at is going above asking.... in some cases well above!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Laghan

hardCopy wrote: »
    Loan offer formally issued today, signing contracts on Thursday, after Sale Agreed on 20th of July. Hopefully all will be done and dusted before month end.

Wow, that's super quick! Is the 20th July the date the offer was accepted? If so that's encouraging. Our offer was accepted yesterday, we were confused on whether to hold out for another house we had our eyes on but we decided as it was in receivership it might just take too long to be moved in so went ahead with our 2nd choice. We're so happy, I really hope it goes as smoothly as yours did! Only thing that is worrying me is there is a tenant in there and apparently once the contract is signed he will be given notice to leave. I just hope he does!! We'll be like one of those couples on grand designs who are confident to be in by christmas and end up having like 3 babies and being in the house by 2020!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Siipina wrote: »

Good work! Hopefully all will go well.

Our saga continues into tomorrow. EA says seller was working shifts unexpectedly last night and will look for the cert tonight. I'm so frustrated. I don't mind delays (well actually I do mind them) but a delay that could break the sale and cost me money is way way worse

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Hope all works out from here on.
    Do you mind me asking roughly where (county) you are?
    Nearly all in Dublin I've been looking at is going above asking.... in some cases well above!

Thanks, we are super happy.
    Its in Mayo and not even on the ass of nowhere Mayo, its rural enough for us with a good bit of land but just a few miles to the next town.
    Now the waiting starts again, I hope so much we can make in November. In December we will have the 24 month of our rental and Landlady cant wait to put up rent but the damp wall and broken shower and furnitures are still not looked after. The washing machine is the cheapest she could get and even that I clean it nearly once a week the clothes are still smelling. Cant wait for my own good miele washing machine.

Congrats hardCopy, that is so quick, Hope so it will be the same for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Laghan wrote: »
    hardCopy wrote: »
    Loan offer formally issued today, signing contracts on Thursday, after Sale Agreed on 20th of July. Hopefully all will be done and dusted before month end.

Wow, that's super quick! Is the 20th July the date the offer was accepted? If so that's encouraging. Our offer was accepted yesterday, we were confused on whether to hold out for another house we had our eyes on but we decided as it was in receivership it might just take too long to be moved in so went ahead with our 2nd choice. We're so happy, I really hope it goes as smoothly as yours did! Only thing that is worrying me is there is a tenant in there and apparently once the contract is signed he will be given notice to leave. I just hope he does!! We'll be like one of those couples on grand designs who are confident to be in by christmas and end up having like 3 babies and being in the house by 2020!! lol

Laughed pretty hard at the grand designs bit haha - we always watch it and laugh cause inevitably some one always gets pregnant before the house is finished.

Hopefully the tenant is agreeable and just moves out when required. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

We put our first offer in yesterday so just waiting now for the EA to come back with a response. She had said yesterday she would be back to me by the afternoon but nothing yet! Trying to be patient but its so hard not to watch my phone waiting for the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Such exciting times for everyone!

Well our broker said yesterday that the the bank had received all the paperwork and that our solicitor should have the money on Friday. Gonna check in with them again later just to make sure that's still the case. Really don't want it dragging into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've been following along with all your journeys over the past few months - some great stories with lots of advice/tips/info to be gleaned from them.

I'm about to start the journey myself so I will wade in.

Approved in principal and getting together final bits of paperwork to get letter of offer. We have one outstanding debt (car loan) and the mortgage adviser has given us two different figures depending on whether the debt was cleared or not. The difference is just under 20K - just in case anyone else is wondering if a loan will affect their borrowing power.

We do not earn a huge amount and are hoping to get a reasonably low mortgage so we're firing ahead to get approved for the lower amount. NB: We are heading towards north/mid Kildare.

Looking forward to seeing more and more of you getting your keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Any idea how long aib are taking to send out loan offers. I was told to expect it yesterday or today as all issues satisfied last Friday.
    Still no sign and I'm under pressure

• Advertisement

And we are through that hiccup thank God!!

For anyones reference:

A green cert is the cert given when a house is tested for pyrite (they take samples from the slab asfaik). You get awarded Green (no sign of pyrite), Amber (may have pyrite and monitoring is needed), Red (you do have pyrite and it must be remedied by removing the infill)
    If you get a Red cert then it must be remediated and signed off under I.S. 398-2
    If buying a house that has had pyrite work done you must make sure you have this sign off form I.S. 398-2

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Closing and getting keys Friday morning, contracts signed and funds transferred

9 weeks from sale agreed to getting keys, so feeling quite lucky it's been smooth sailing after reading some other posters stories on here

Have to say AIB have been excellent with our mortgage application, their communication has been first class always provided updates by phone/email

Closing and getting keys Friday morning, contracts signed and funds transferred

9 weeks from sale agreed to getting keys, so feeling quite lucky it's been smooth sailing after reading some other posters stories on here

Have to say AIB have been excellent with our mortgage application, their communication has been first class always provided updates by phone/email

Congrats!
    9 weeks sounds pretty good alright!
    Enjoy your Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

bleary wrote: »
    Any idea how long aib are taking to send out loan offers. I was told to expect it yesterday or today as all issues satisfied last Friday.

I posted an application into them on the evening of Monday 29th of July and received a phone call to let me know the letter of offer was in the post on Thursday 11th August.

Very fast turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Laghan

Mink wrote:
    We do not earn a huge amount and are hoping to get a reasonably low mortgage so we're firing ahead to get approved for the lower amount. NB: We are heading towards north/mid Kildare.

Congrats :-) I was in the same boat with having a small loan and the difference between what I could borrow was 15k. I applied for the larger amount on the condition that I would have the loan repayed before drawing down the mortgage. As it happens I found a house for a lower amount so I only need to borrow that in the end. Good luck with everything.

I have to agree, they were on the ball every time so far and the mortgage advisor I am dealing with answers my constant emails instantly every time. Couldn't recommend them enough... also I found out today that I can take up to 6 months off paying the mortgage in the beginning... which is going to help a lot.

bleary wrote: »

When I was in with them they said 10 working days from when you submit everything but that it would probably be faster than that.

And we are through that hiccup thank God!!

For anyones reference:

A green cert is the cert given when a house is tested for pyrite (they take samples from the slab asfaik). You get awarded Green (no sign of pyrite), Amber (may have pyrite and monitoring is needed), Red (you do have pyrite and it must be remedied by removing the infill)
    If you get a Red cert then it must be remediated and signed off under I.S. 398-2
    If buying a house that has had pyrite work done you must make sure you have this sign off form I.S. 398-2

You got your green cert, that's great!

The house I'm renting has pyrite but unlikely to be approved for remedial work by the pyrite board as its not bad enough - Amber. As a tenant it's worked to my advantage as the landlord has had to reverse the decision to sell it, giving us more time to get our act together to buy. Not good for him though as I'd imagine he wants to be rid of it. The sticking doors and wonky cabinets are incredibly annoying though!

Mink wrote: »
    You got your green cert, that's great!

The house I'm renting has pyrite but unlikely to be approved for remedial work by the pyrite board as its not bad enough - Amber. As a tenant it's worked to my advantage as the landlord has had to reverse the decision to sell it, giving us more time to get our act together to buy. Not good for him though as I'd imagine he wants to be rid of it. The sticking doors and wonky cabinets are incredibly annoying though!

Amber seems like the worst case scenario because it's essentially limbo. Ours wasn't green it was red but its been fully remedied so we get a form to say it's been completed.

These last few days have been the most stressful of the whole process. Everything's gone so quickly and smoothly but now I'm just a wreck!

Broker said yesterday that she would call the bank after lunch to check on everything and would email me after, well she didn't email of course! The solicitor are supposed to be receiving the money tomorrow so surely they should know by now if that's actually going to happen.

The broker was joking yesterday about how she knows our file off by heart and won't know what to do with herself next week when we're not emailing her anymore. I don't care though, we need to know what's going on!

These last few days have been the most stressful of the whole process. Everything's gone so quickly and smoothly but now I'm just a wreck!

Broker said yesterday that she would call the bank after lunch to check on everything and would email me after, well she didn't email of course! The solicitor are supposed to be receiving the money tomorrow so surely they should know by now if that's actually going to happen.

The broker was joking yesterday about how she knows our file off by heart and won't know what to do with herself next week when we're not emailing her anymore. I don't care though, we need to know what's going on!

I would be livid about a comment like that? I genuinely don't know why it is so bloody hard for EAs and everyone involved to pop a quick reply or update, particularly when they say they will. The number of times we've contacted the vendors EA looking for updates and he has an update but hasn't bothered to tell us? Ridiculous behaviour

• Advertisement

In fairness I had joked to her that I was probably her favourite person at this stage!

I think the problem is for us it's a huge event, one of the most important times in our life. But for them it's just same old same old. They do it everyday, so they lack the sense of urgency we all have.

Plus, with our broker, they get their fee from the bank. So we aren't paying them anything so it's harder to make demands as such.

In fairness I had joked to her that I was probably her favourite person at this stage!

I think the problem is for us it's a huge event, one of the most important times in our life. But for them it's just same old same old. They do it everyday, so they lack the sense of urgency we all have.

Plus, with our broker, they get their fee from the bank. So we aren't paying them anything so it's harder to make demands as such.

True but I mean that is the job. I can imagine the result if I told a parent I would ring them and didn't bother my head or even apologise when they eventually got through to me....

Sure now I'm sitting here wondering at what point do I email them? I don't want to be a pain but I'd like to know if tomorrow is still "the day" or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Sure now I'm sitting here wondering at what point do I email them? I don't want to be a pain but I'd like to know if tomorrow is still "the day" or not.

Email them right now and dont be a bit apologetic about it!

Currently bidding on a property and the EA said he'd get back 'in a few hours' at morning time. Never hear from him for the rest of the day.
    When I ring the following day, another bid has 'just come in'. In one case, 2 bids!

I'm now not going to call until he gets back to me...
    Fingers crossed this is the one.

Email them right now and dont be a bit apologetic about it!

Thankfully I just got an email from the solicitor saying the bank had called her and told her to expect the funds in their account tomorrow! Phew!

I've asked her again what the time frame is now to getting keys, she dodged that question last time so hopefully I get a response this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Currently bidding on a property and the EA said he'd get back 'in a few hours' at morning time. Never hear from him for the rest of the day.
    When I ring the following day, another bid has 'just come in'. In one case, 2 bids!

I'm now not going to call until he gets back to me...
    Fingers crossed this is the one.

We put a bid in on Tuesday morning to be told she'd be back to us in the afternoon. Rang yesterday and she said she was giving the other bidder until the end of the day and would be in touch first thing in the morning at the latest. Still haven't heard anything - its so frustrating.

Best of luck with yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Anyone got any recommendations for good brokers in Cork? Going to start looking into getting a mortgage in the next month or two and am totally clueless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

pampootie wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for good brokers in Cork? Going to start looking into getting a mortgage in the next month or two and am totally clueless!

I'll PM you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Thankfully I just got an email from the solicitor saying the bank had called her and told her to expect the funds in their account tomorrow! Phew!

I've asked her again what the time frame is now to getting keys, she dodged that question last time so hopefully I get a response this time round!

Excellent that's a load of your shoulders now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement