Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Fantastic!!

Now you got to figure out which cupboards you keep what in! Exciting times!

Thanks everbody :) herself is doing the sorting. I got my biscuits and beer so I know where that is haha.
    It is a game played by the banks rules but worth it once you put those keys into your front door and walk in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

degzs wrote: »
    We are in the same position hope to be signing the contacts next week but have not got the life and home insurance as we were going to wait until we got a signing date.

What date did you use for the home & life insurance?

We just did them starting from a date of two weeks time. We had to have a policy number for the bank so had to just guess. Our solicitor is gonna aim to close on Friday week so fingers crossed all goes to plan! He said in reality it'll probably be a few days later but he'll try for that date anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

More waiting games today. At this stage, I don't believe anything the solicitors tell me. They reckon it should be today but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Has anyone ever heard of having to sign contracts again? We signed back at the end of May. We had to wait on probate and then DCC consent both have which have arrived.
    The vendors solicitors are saying we have to sign contracts again, a final draft this time. Is this normal?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

beanian wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard of having to sign contracts again? We signed back at the end of May. We had to wait on probate and then DCC consent both have which have arrived.
    The vendors solicitors are saying we have to sign contracts again, a final draft this time. Is this normal?

No id say someone either lost the first copy or there has been some change to them since you signed. By the sounds of this final draft talk there has been a change to them. Your solicitor should know.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote: »
    No id say someone either lost the first copy or there has been some change to them since you signed. By the sounds of this final draft talk there has been a change to them. Your solicitor should know.

Mystery solved,my solicitor called and it turns out the dipsh1t vendors solicitor made a mistake and it doesnt need to be re-signed.
    So we are looking to close tomorrow/wednesday now.
    5 and a half months of bull**** finally coming to an end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

It's just a game isn't it? You gotta play by their rules.

Ah I'm game! It'll be worth it in the e d I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Just got news that probate is/has been granted. Looking like we'll close at the beginning of September. Can't believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Everybody is getting good news and progress, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

5 1/2 months to close... is that normal? We went Sale Agreed just over a week ago, and the EA said he'd expect it all to be done in 7 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

We've just instructed to go ahead with the valuation.

Was out on the site and had a walk around the semi finished house on Friday. Was great! Builder told us a lot of interesting stuff that the EA didn't. Should be finished the first week in October.

Heading out to pick the kitchen now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

We went sale agreed on Friday - can't believe how fast its been so far. Booking deposit being paid today and then hopefully everything is smooth sailing between now signing contracts and getting keys!

The tricky part of trying to figure out when to give notice to our landlord, don't mind a bit of overlap but don't want too much!

5 1/2 months to close... is that normal? We went Sale Agreed just over a week ago, and the EA said he'd expect it all to be done in 7 weeks.

The good news for you is it isnt normal! It took 2 months to get contracts off them and then another 9 weeks for it to clear probate and then another 2 weeks for Dublin City Council to issue consent of sale.
    We are FTB's and there is no one living in the house so this should have been straightforward! (i.e no chain)

Staph wrote: »
    Just got news that probate is/has been granted. Looking like we'll close at the beginning of September. Can't believe it!
    Great news, yours was much quicker then ours so looks like they are working through the backlog now

Finally we're closed! Keys ready to collect this afternoon :D

Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Brilliant news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Back to square one... got outbid on Friday evening.
    So frustrating.
    Feels like the longer it goes, prices are going up and up and more and more buyers are coming on the market after getting deposits together / approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Back to square one... got outbid on Friday evening.
    So frustrating.
    Feels like the longer it goes, prices are going up and up and more and more buyers are coming on the market after getting deposits together / approval.

Know that exact feeling. Was in the same position last tuesday - Estate agent wasnt returning our calls or answering emails so when we finally got him on tuesday morning, he was pure like ' Lower bid was accepting so feck off". 4 Weeks the bidding on this house has dragged out - absolutely horrendous estate agent and for someone whos name is on the company, that really is shocking i think.

Couple of houses to see this week - but starting to think we might take a break for a few weeks from looking cause its just so mentally exhausting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We're just ahead of you. Went sale agreed just under three weeks ago. First week was hectic with booking deposits and surveys. Second week was waiting for those to be completed. Third week was mostly being pissed waiting for a form we needed. Fourth week starts tomorrow and we are waiting on contracts and loan offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

Good stuff well done!

Is it normal for the seller to leave furniture behind? Our contract was no contents included but she's left behind a sofa, 2 giant wardrobes and a display cabinet! There's also a load of old junk and a bike in the garage. I don't mind sorting through the junk and binning it, but I don't see why I should have to pay to dispose of her old furniture? I'm gonna get on to the solicitors about it this morning anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Doesn't seem fair loveisdevine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

We're just ahead of you. Went sale agreed just under three weeks ago. First week was hectic with booking deposits and surveys. Second week was waiting for those to be completed. Third week was mostly being pissed waiting for a form we needed. Fourth week starts tomorrow and we are waiting on contracts and loan offers

How much is booking deposit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Is it normal for the seller to leave furniture behind? Our contract was no contents included but she's left behind a sofa, 2 giant wardrobes and a display cabinet! There's also a load of old junk and a bike in the garage. I don't mind sorting through the junk and binning it, but I don't see why I should have to pay to dispose of her old furniture? I'm gonna get on to the solicitors about it this morning anyway.

Yeah Ive seen this a lot. Tell your solicitor you will be getting a skip and sending the bill to her solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

There is light at the end of the tunnel, after having a really tough time getting a mortgage we found out one year ago yesterday that our mortgage was approved, we got the keys the end of October and moved in a few days later.
    Still feels like a dream now, lots of work invlolved getting mortgage and buying house. Loads of stress but hang in there. It's worth every bit of it

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

Adverts.ie free stuff and it'll be gone today. Better than skipping it. Amazing what people want when it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Pack of wasters AIB EBS .I went for a loan to buy my ex out 0n the 31st of may. The loan was passed on Principle its now August I only got my loan approved on paper in two weeks ago August. 3 months waiting now for a miserable 50k..I'm with the EBS 30 years and the poor management i have to put up with the pack of jokers. they say they have to make a new set of deeds and a new Mortgage ...would it normally take this long..

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Booking deposit handed over today last week, EA told me the house will be marked as Sale agreed and he will send the paper work to the Solicitor. As we didnt hear anything and waiting is really nothing for me, called the Solicitor yesterday to ask politely is they have everything. Could not find anything, told me they will ring me back, nothing of cause. Called this morning again, they called the EA and wow paperwork should be there this morning. A week for 100 meter down the main street. House is still not marked as Sale agreed. Is this normal?
    I might ad that the vendors are still living in the property and its looks like they are buying from the EA again
    O my they will for sure know me after this as the big pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Hi guys, been following here for a while, intending to apply for a mortgage soon. We have a healthy deposit and I have a permanent job. I'm asking about my boyfriend's job - he's in the private sector and has been working for five years. He wants to move jobs - does he have to be in a new job for a certain length of time for mortgage approval?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement