Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water grant issue

Options
  • 29-09-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭

Right guys, a slightly different Irish Water issue here.

I've registered and paid my bills however I can't claim the grant because I didn't have a property registered in my name on the 30th of June. Fine you might say as that is true and correct however, I have an email from Irish Water from the 25th of May regarding this issue that says,
    Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your email regarding the water conservation grant.

I can confirm that you are still eligible for the €100 water conservation grant even though you are moving out of your property and won’t be registered under a new property till July .

Please contact us when you have moved out of your property so we can update your account.

If you have any further queries you can visit our Questions and Answers section here, alternatively you can reach us by using the contact details below.

Yours sincerely,

Someone at Irish Water

Now Irish Water have back tracked and tell me it's my fault for following their advice and I'm not entitled to anything despite following their advice.

The Water Conservation Grant team have said that if they have given it to me in writing that I'm entitled to it then that should be honoured.

The team leader I spoke to referred to it as an "alleged email" several times despite me offering to give her the contact ID number which her colleague had already confirmed belong to the written confirmation that I was entitled to the grant.

Can someone tell me what to do?

Consumerhelp were baffled by it and said I have it in writing so whats their problem, but that I should contact CER. Cer won't handle the complaint until I have it in writing that Irish Water are refusing to pass my details to the grant crowd and Irish Water are saying in no uncertain terms that I am not entitled to it despite they previously saying I was.

Pissed off and angry I didn't follow everyone elses lead and not register and pay it now :mad:

Can anyone give me any helpful advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Write a letter to Irish Water outlining the issue, and make sure it is labelled "Formal Complaint". If Irish Water do not resolve the issue on the foot this letter, then you can take that to CER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

looks like you had a break in service and weren't registered at any property on 30th June.

If there wasn't a break in service and you moved out of property1 and straight into 2
    in July, then the propoerty you were registered in on 30th june would be the propoerty you aply under.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pointelle

I've tried that , moved also but they have so far ignored two requests for the account details at that address , not paying anyway especially now!

Advertisement