Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Hire in Vancouver with Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 29-09-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any luck with above? Seems that all the major car hire companies do not accept debit cards...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

it says they dont but they do.
    You would probably need 400-1000 eur spare for deposit.
    Sometimes they dont take deposit (just swipe card), sometimes they take, you never know (thats why they want credit card - that amount comes off your credit limit, not actual funds). Which company do you want to rent from.
    We have rented 1x in dublin airport Budget and 2x in USA ALAMO
    card must be with your name on it (cant use prepaid)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I've hired cars using debit cards over here. Think it was through carrentals, and might have been thrift on seymour street.

Just on the car rentals - having trouble here trying to get rental car insurance. I've a BC drivers license - not currently insured on any cars at the moment, but I'll also want to insure a sibling as they're coming to visit for a week. So myself and an additional non resident driver. Just wondering if this is possible or if anyone can recommend someone to contact?

Cheers

Advertisement