Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog food

Options
  • 29-09-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

to anyone who knows,have been feeding my gun dogs a mixture of tripe,mince and bones for the last two years have been getting it in wexford prices have gone up!!i am living in kilkenny and looking for someone closer to home willing to supply me with the above.anyone can pm me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

What are you paying per kg if you dont mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hairy man

mince was 5kg bag for 5 euro then went to 6 euro, the tripe was 2.50 a belly and then went to 5 euro a belly

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Don't know of it would interest you but for about 10 years now I have been getting the "scraps" from my local butcher. I get all the trimmings and chicken carcasses and sausages,burgers, fillets and lots of other lovely stuff that's just past its sell buy. He puts it all in a separate bin for me and puts his paper/plastic and stuff in a different bin. It's all free to me and it saves him a fortune. I just leave him a heap of pints in his local at Xmas and he is very happy. I get a good big half black bag a week.
    It works great for me zero cost for all my dogs feed and they are bursting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hairy man

thats the job,free dog food would be a dream come true!!!!will def chat to my local butcher cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

hairy man wrote: »
    thats the job,free dog food would be a dream come true!!!!will def chat to my local butcher cheers man

Yea it's a great job. I get it home and I split it up into daily portions in small bags in the freezer, take a frozen one out every day for next day and so on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement