Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shop in Upper Patrick St

Options
  • 29-09-2015 7:28pm

This shop seems to be relocating and changing its focus to online sales. And the younger sales assistant (Kevin?) who used to work there seems to be gone. Pity - he was excellent and he knew everything there was to know about bikes. Anyone know where they are moving to or what's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

He is focusing on the online store from what I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

Yes indeed there moving to a smaller shop and not doing repairs anymore , main focus is on line sales .
    The new shop will have a fitting section ( to be better than the current one )
    I was in there on monday and I am sure the guy said ormonde or dean st ( misheard him )
    time will tell I quess , wish him well tho super shop and service

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

inthehat wrote: »
    This shop seems to be relocating and changing its focus to online sales. And the younger sales assistant (Kevin?) who used to work there seems to be gone. Pity - he was excellent and he knew everything there was to know about bikes. Anyone know where they are moving to or what's the story?

Rates/rents likely a killer for a shop like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I don't have any good experience with that shop. The website is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

padyjoe wrote: »
    I don't have any good experience with that shop. The website is the same.

What happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

On the website most item out of stock. On the other day went in for shoes. Got measured up, shoes ordered, told arrival date. In again, no shoes, something went wrong with the process was told. Gave it one more shot. Nothing. Gave up. They never bothered to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

padyjoe wrote: »
    On the website most item out of stock. On the other day went in for shoes. Got measured up, shoes ordered, told arrival date. In again, no shoes, something went wrong with the process was told. Gave it one more shot. Nothing. Gave up. They never bothered to get back to me.

Heard multiple instances of this occurring with bikes also. Ordered and never turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ghost_rider

Sadly I must concur with the above negative experiences.

On two occasions I called into the shop, discussed what type of bike to get & ordered, only for the bike never to turn up.

First time, I was told that the particular bike I ordered was discontinued, so I went back in choose another bike & ordered. Only for that to never arrive either :(

Pity because it's a really good shop, with nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Very helpful staff but actually getting stuff from them was an ordeal. The bike shop on maudlin street is good

Full Marx wrote: »
    The bike shop on maudlin street is good

Andy in Michael St is good too, - the shop mightn't look as swish as some of the big cycle stores but bike enthusiasts seem to be always hanging out there. Andy is very sound -he'll do big and small jobs and sells a lot of bikes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement