Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

shanous wrote: »
    Im not sure what exactly you mean there, can you elaborate?

Im with Three myself, currently using Nexus 5 but keeps resetting constantly and takes forever to turn back on correctly.

Basically ever provider has different LTE bands they work on, like channels 3 network is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanous

JamboMac wrote: »
    Basically ever provider has different LTE bands they work on, like channels 3 network is fine.

I understand that part, sorry, I meant the "more so some other countries." part of your answer...

Just in some countries the bands they use it won't work there if your on holidays, not sure of the countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

Pulled the trigger anyway on 64GB aluminum. My first nexus. Looking forward to it!

The wife ain't gonna be happy! Sold my last phone for €500 so not too much of a hit!

Delivered @ 04:15 0n 02/03 expected delivery 3-8/03

When would I expect to get this?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭kave2

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Pulled the trigger anyway on 64GB aluminum. My first nexus. Looking forward to it!

The wife ain't gonna be happy! Sold my last phone for €500 so not too much of a hit!

Delivered @ 04:15 0n 02/03 expected delivery 3-8/03

When would I expect to get this?

BobbyT28

Well I got mine very quickly, 2 days. Google store is very quick with deliveries.

Ohh, and congrats. It's fantastic phone.

kave2 wrote: »
    Well I Whoooooooooooo got mine very quickly, 2 days. Google store is very quick with deliveries.

Ohh, and congrats. It's fantastic phone.

Just got email to say it was shipped. Might get it before the weekend. Whooohooo. How have you found the phone? Really looking forward to getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I went stone mad today and bought an aluminium 128GB 6P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

testicle wrote: »

And sold your left one to pay for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭nu_90

Got 32gb aluminium myself few weeks back when they were doing €100 off for valentines.

Easily the best phone iv ever owned. Gotten very used to the bigger screen and taller size of it.

Bit of advice to you guys getting one this week from my view anyway:: it's a very slippy phone in the hand the aluminium version anyway so do yourself a favour just in case if you find it the same, buy a spigen ultra clear hybrid case from Amazon

Look it up. I ordered one when I ordered Nexus.

Enjoy it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

• Advertisement

Phone arrived in Dublin airport at 07:00. Just finished nights so won't be up till 14:00. If I miss delivery do they leave it with a neighbor or bring it back to DHL? I suppose I'll know when I wake up! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Phone arrived in Dublin airport at 07:00. Just finished nights so won't be up till 14:00. If I miss delivery do they leave it with a neighbor or bring it back to DHL? I suppose I'll know when I wake up! :-)

They left mine with my neighbour.

It's a great phone, enjoy!

They left mine with my neighbour.

It's a great phone, enjoy!

Well 57hrs after ordeirng I have it. Unbelievable service from Google. Time for a cuppa and enjoy opening up this beauty!

Will let you know what I think later.

BibbyT28

Ordered new case from Amazon. Poetic Affinity. Looks very nice, made from harder materials as my previous Spigen Rugged Armor.
    Just noticed strange that mine is slightly different then pictures on internet. No Affinity writing on the side, the 'P' is on top of the finger print scanner opening.
    51cE2zZp5OL.jpg

Photo
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B67lVAJzdt95NTAwcVdxd1l0eVk/view?usp=docslist_api

Very strange. Fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Could well be...

I got a fake Spiegen off Adverts back in the Nexus 4 days....

Although I wouldn't be so concerned about the branding in the photo, looks like a digital watermark to me....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Could well be...

I got a fake Spiegen off Adverts back in the Nexus 4 days....

Although I wouldn't be so concerned about the branding in the photo, looks like a digital watermark to me....

Actually looks nicer without the writing on the side. And the 'P' is not covering S on the Nexus

Update: Just checked out XDA and Amazon reviews, Poetic released revised case. Writing on the side was removed and the p was placed over the sensor. Exactly like mine. Looks much nicer tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

And less than 48 hours later it has arrived!

And less than 48 hours later it has arrived!

It's a great phone. Have a few orders on the way from Amazon. Case, USB c adaptors, screen protector. It'll look nothing like a Nexus 6P by the end of it!

Also have a dbrand skin coming so might just throw that on first and see how it goes.

Best of luck with the phone.

BobbyT28

• Advertisement

How has everyone found the battery life?

I'm getting at most a day. Screen on time is 3-4.5hrs
    Expected more TBH. I got at least 1.5 days on iPhone 6 plus. I know they are different.

Usage would be bit of browsing , YouTube, Facebook, Spotify etc. No gaming.

Screen at 40% brightness. WiFi and Bluetooth off most of the time.

I'll attach screenshots later can't figure how to do it on mobile. While writing this it's gone down 3%

BobbyT28

Pics attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Pics attached

How long does the actual battery last for never mind screen time and that ****,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

I usually get 5 hours SOT.

Gets me from 7am until about 10.30pm. Usually have about 10% when I put it on charge.

It can be erratic.

Full charged at 6am yesterday morning and was on 15% at 22:30 last night. But only 2hrs screen on time.

Screen time does matter. I think I should be getting a little morning than that?! You can see from the screen shot that at 5am approx it started to drop power and didn't stay in doze.

Have email set to manual. So nothing should have been running.

I'm coming from iPhone 6 plus so it's the only thing I can compare it to. That got me through a day easily with about 25-35% remaining.

The phone is only new so it will probably take time for the battery to get optimised .

BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

BobbyT28 wrote:
    Screen at 40% brightness. WiFi and Bluetooth off most of the time.

Looking at your screenshot, seems like your Wi-Fi is running all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think the doze function is very powerful, if I don't have the screen on very much the phone conserves battery excellently. However when using things like navigation and the screen being on for a long time I've found the battery to be somewhat limited, not nearly as good as the one plus one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Patww79 wrote:

Well they state it as a reason as to why the battery should not be draining but it is on. There might be something else obvious that is draining the battery as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Just remember Doze doesn't kick in unless the phone is not touched at all. For example Doze won't kick in if it's in your pocket as the gyroscope/accelerometer is active.

I find when I have my mobile data enabled it eats the battery.

You should definitely be getting more than 2hrs SOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Wondering has anyone bought one from this guy? http://touch.adverts.ie/nexus/google-nexus-6p/9953398 Too good to be true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Update for the 6P released by Google today, some performance improvements along with the March security update.

The update is build MHC19I

http://www.phonedog.com/2016/03/10/nexus-6p-update-rolling-out-improved-stability-performance

Update not available yet in this region, well not on my phone anyway.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Mine updated but it seems to have gotten slower..

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Mine updated but it seems to have gotten slower..

Still waiting on my update. It's I usually 2½-3 weeks after an update is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

6P on Google's site is back down to €599 for the 64gb version, only takes a few days to arrive, reductions on other specs also.

No update yet, on Meteor if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Patww79 wrote: »

only while charging, and the data too it helped on the s6 so carried it over to the g4 and now this one

brk3 wrote: »
    Wondering has anyone bought one from this guy? http://touch.adverts.ie/nexus/google-nexus-6p/9953398 Too good to be true?

I bought a moto 360 off him a year or so ago. He mentioned at the time that his main thing was nexus devices, as he had a relative or friend that would send them to him. He seemed genuine.

bogman wrote: »
    6P on Google's site is back down to €599 for the 64gb version, only takes a few days to arrive, reductions on other specs also.

No update yet, on Meteor if that makes any difference.

I've emailed Google about this. I bought mine 22 days ago for €699, hope I get a refund of €100 or I'm sending it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

I've emailed Google about this. I bought mine 22 days ago for €699, hope I get a refund of €100 or I'm sending it back

How? Their return policy says 15 days. 30 days is for Nest products.

T83 wrote: »
    How? Their return policy says 15 days. 30 days is for Nest products.

Sorry that was mistyped, I meant 12 days. Anyway, just got a confirmation email to say I've been refunded. Just checked original order and it comes up as partially refund on original order. So it cost me €599 not €699 for 64GB version. Result.

Anybody get poetic affinity case for their phone, got mine today and nothing at all written on it. Just a transparent case, the p is not in the centre or the affinity down the left, bought it from Amazon uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015P62CBI?ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_3

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    Anybody get poetic affinity case for their phone, got mine today and nothing at all written on it. Just a transparent case, the p is not in the centre or the affinity down the left, bought it from Amazon uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015P62CBI?ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_3

Yep, same as yours. Checkout my posts on page 38.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

brk3 wrote:
    Wondering has anyone bought one from this guy?

brk3 wrote:
    Too good to be true?

He just orders from Asia, that's why it takes 7-10 days. I'd just order from global central as they are cheaper and there are no import duties. Just order it yourself..

Got the update today. Didn't notice any differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

kave2 wrote: »
    Got the update today. Didn't notice any differences.
    I think the white background looking at the board site looks more off white than before the update...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

My screen is cracked after a very short fall onto a soft enough surface. I'll give Huawei a call but I'm not sure they will be nice enough to fix it for me. Does anyone with experience fixing a Nexus 6P screen have a recommendation of somewhere to get it fixed?

Sorry for your damage, but makes me glad I got a spigen screen protector and case, especially the price of the phone an extra 20 ain't much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

Hello, I'm going to upgrade to new phone in a couple of weeks and I'm just debating on whether to buy the 6P or the S7 Edge. I'm only leaning towards the 6P because its pure android with no extra apps added, but the S7 seems a bit more "future proof" ?

What do you guys recommend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

Patww79 wrote: »

It is a tough one indeed. What put you off the 6p ?

• Advertisement

Advertisement