Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The exact same thing happened to me during the week. I was convinced I'd misread the update info before installing.

Annoying to say the least.

Android getting as bad as Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

JamboMac wrote: »
    After alegedly installing this and checking my android level it still says 6.0.1, so nougat never really installed and I'm still on marshmallow has this happened to anyone else and why would this happen?
    It's happene to a good few people so far.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6p/718664-nougat-ota-update.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

JamboMac wrote: »
    After alegedly installing this and checking my android level it still says 6.0.1, so nougat never really installed and I'm still on marshmallow has this happened to anyone else and why would this happen?

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I got an update last week (or maybe the week before) that said it would prepare the phone for nougat - not that it would actually install nougat - would that be the update you got?

Anyone on Vodafone get the security patch or 7.0 U update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

got it last night.

not seeing a huge difference tbh.

i still have the standard app launch tray... am i missing something here?

OmegaRed wrote: »
    got it last night.

not seeing a huge difference tbh.

i still have the standard app launch tray... am i missing something here?

I believe the changes your referring to is coming in the 7.1 update...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm loving the multi-screen feature. During the weekend, I was watching the rugby on the top app while browsing boards on the lower.
    It was crucifying the battery but that's to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Anyone having issues with Notifications on Nexus 6P?

Example of the issues I am having.

Flashscores popsup and disappears and Notifications for Adverts do not appear at all.

All in app notifications are turned on. Is there some setting I need to check that I haven't already?

Really starting to bug me now.

Thanks,
    BobbyT28

• Advertisement

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Notifications on Nexus 6P?

Example of the issues I am having.

Flashscores popsup and disappears and Notifications for Adverts do not appear at all.

All in app notifications are turned on. Is there some setting I need to check that I haven't already?

Really starting to bug me now.

Thanks,
    BobbyT28
    On the adverts issue. I had the same problem before. It turned out to be the app. After I left a comment on the play store they contacted me and reset my profile on their end which sorted it out.

1jcdub wrote: »
    On the adverts issue. I had the same problem before. It turned out to be the app. After I left a comment on the play store they contacted me and reset my profile on their end which sorted it out.

Notr sure it's the same issue and the =only reason I say that is because i've noticed a few apps not notifying me!! So irritatting!!

Went in to recovery and cleared system Partition. That seems to have resolved the issue.

JUst got Flashscores notification popup

Went in to recovery and cleared system Partition. That seems to have resolved the issue.

JUst got Flashscores notification popup

Just got my MyFitnesspal notification. So it's back working.

Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

how do nexus 6p users find the overheating issue which I keep hearing about with the snapdragon810? does it happen even running normal apps or mostly gaming?

I'm in the market for a phone and it's coming down to opo3, nexus 6p or xiaomi 5s plus.

I'd prefer to go with the 6p for the software side of things but the fact that it has a s810 is holding me back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

I found the build quality quite poor. My Nexus 6P is actually looking like it's very slightly bent now.

I found the build quality quite poor. My Nexus 6P is actually looking like it's very slightly bent now.

forgot about that issue too, not great for a flagship device

The sealant or whatever it is around the screen also chipped badly.

I've a similar aged iPhone for work and it gets dog's abuse in comparison and still looks brand new.

Also the Nexus 6P physical buttons are rather poorly positioned and far too sensitive. I keep switching it off accidentally.

This new HTC built Pixel might be a lot better. I never had much issue with previous HTC devices. They've a very long history of smartphone making compared to Huawei.

I'm waiting for the first hands on reviews to appear for the pixel before making up my mind. I definitely won't the among the first buyers of this phone, but if the reviews are positive enough, it might justify the high price tag.

I just don't buy the whole appetite for the device that companies set out when they release a phone like it's the best thing ever made..

This time last year the 6p was the next big thing from Google when it came out and we know that there are plenty of issues with the device. And now it turns even the software is not fully supported which was really the main benefit of a nexus, with people having to mess around with it to install google assistant.

I guess every device will have it's flaws but price needs to match accordingly!

I've had no issues with the screen or bending. In fact it's build is on par with HTC, which I've had 5 consecutive phones before the 6P. Personally I'd recommend it. And no over heating issues

• Advertisement

Having access to completely stock android is nice. But, I honestly didn't think the device itself was all that great.

The Nexus 5X is actually a far better phone, but it's not as well spec'd.

If the 6P had been made by LG as a fancier version of the 5X I think it would have been a phenomenal device.

I've had no issues with the screen or bending. In fact it's build is on par with HTC, which I've had 5 consecutive phones before the 6P. Personally I'd recommend it. And no over heating issues

I would second everything 1jcdub has said. Never had an issue with bending, chipping, overheating. Been a great phone. Battery could be a bit better but that does come down to use and apps etc.

I would recommend it over HTC

BobbyT28

I decided to go for an zte axon 7. Front speakers like the 6p but snapdragon 820 in it. Just hope the software won't make me regret it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

I may be crazy but I was considering picking this up instead of a tablet. What do people think? Main reason for that is apart from the ipad, tablets appear to have old hardware, amoled is a must for me, samsung tab s2, is using the chipset from the note 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I may be crazy but I was considering picking this up instead of a tablet. What do people think? Main reason for that is apart from the ipad, tablets appear to have old hardware, amoled is a must for me, samsung tab s2, is using the chipset from the note 4!

fwiw, since I got the 6p I pretty much stopped using my tablet. It's big enough to get about as much out of it as a tablet, unless you're watching movies the whole time. Multitasking in Nougat is pretty handy sometimes too.

Got the developer preview of 7.1.1 and I'm not seeing any changes.

Does anyone have the Pixel launcher installed? Can they get "swipe for google now" to work?

FYI,

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else.

Was taking a photo of the little one when the phone turned off. It then began to boot loop, only getting to the google logo then rebooting.

Running 7.0 (Nouget) not rooted.

did the usual, wiped cache, factory reset to no avail. OEM was locked so I was unable to re flash factory image.

Called google yesterday (21/11) as the phone is only 7 months old. They went through the usual steps bootloader, clear cache etc, again to avail.

10 minutes after calling they sent me a link to purchase (free of charge) new exact same phone (Silver Nexus 6P Silver 64GB). Shipped that evening and it arrived today at 2pm (22/11), can't get better service then that.

Only thing is, the white Nexus 6P arrived not the silver. I'll keep it if anyone can confirm that there is not issues with white nexus's as I haven't had an issue with my Silver one.

They put a hold on your card of €699 until you send the broken phone back, I have 21 days to do so.

Thanks,

BobbyT28

Just looking on the Google store, Silver and graphite only seem to available. Was there ever a White available?

• Advertisement

Just looking on the Google store, Silver and graphite only seem to available. Was there ever a White available?

Ah now I remember there was Silver, Frost (White) and Graphite

I had silver now they sent me White. White looks nice just wondering is there is ssues with it getting dirty easy etc??

I'm on the Developer Beta and the update this morning has caused issued with connecting to the 3 network. I get the 4G icon with a small "x". If I switch to 3G preffered, I get H icon with a small "x".
    Anyone else seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I'm on the Developer Beta and the update this morning has caused issued with connecting to the 3 network. I get the 4G icon with a small "x". If I switch to 3G preffered, I get H icon with a small "x".
    Anyone else seen this?

Everything looks okay on Vodafone anyway (touch wood).

Evil_g wrote: »
    Everything looks okay on Vodafone anyway (touch wood).

A few people in my office cant connect to 3 Mobile either so maybe it's not my handset. They dont get get little "x" on the icon but that could be specific to Nougat.
    Whatsapp works strangely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

A few people in my office cant connect to 3 Mobile either so maybe it's not my handset. They dont get get little "x" on the icon but that could be specific to Nougat.
    Whatsapp works strangely!

I think its an issue with Three, havnt been able to get mobile data working ths working on a HTC 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah it was three that was the problem this morning.

• Advertisement

That's just normal for 3. I had the same. They probably just forgot to plug in the broadband modem their entire network appears to run off.

Anyone else getting the roaming symbol displaying too recently?

It seems when I looked that they're using the old O2 3G network identifiers which is confusing 3 SIMs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

That's just normal for 3. I had the same. They probably just forgot to plug in the broadband modem their entire network appears to run off.

Anyone else getting the roaming symbol displaying too recently?

It seems when I looked that they're using the old O2 3G network identifiers which is confusing 3 SIMs

Yep, I am seeing that R symbol a lot and I only joined Three in October!!

madmoe wrote: »
    Yep, I am seeing that R symbol a lot and I only joined Three in October!!

For anyone on the three network and having 4G issues you can read my post here http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057518636

In short, its a three network issue and they are burying their heads in the sand and saying there is no issue. Customer service actually went on to tell me it was an issue with my Nexus 6P as its not a three handset and that the buildings I was living on / working in were the issue. They are wrong. I moved to Vodafone and I have fantastic 4G now.

Anyone having battery drain issue since updating to 7.0?

Any word on when 7.0.1 will be available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Any word on when 7.0.1 will be available?

Android 7.1.1 Nougat is set to unveil for Nexus 6P on Dec. 6. The upcoming update reportedly comes with 650MB and build number NMF26F, including security patch update.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/77564/20161129/android-7-1-1-nougat-release-date-news-update-nexus-6p-roll-out-happens-december-samsung-galaxy-series-gets-android-7-0-nougat-at-last.htm

• Advertisement

Just got a notification to. Download 7.1.1
    anyone else get this?

Any issues?

Just got a notification to. Download 7.1.1
    anyone else get this?

Any issues?

I received it last night. No issues. I like the app shortcuts. You also have Google support in the settings if you swipe left.
    Also settings has "moves" that you can double twist the phone in camera mode to change to selfie

Good write up here showing lost of the new features compared with the Pixel:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/12/android-7-1-1-in-pictures-nexus-versus-pixel/#

Flick left and right on the pictures

Some very handy ones:
    • Long press apps
    • Restart option (finally!!!) my number one request for ages
    • Support tab in settings (great stuff)
    • Manual exposure on camera app

The pixel launcher is available as an app install on the Nexus 6P. I've loved it since I installed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

The pixel launcher is available as an app install on the Nexus 6P. I've loved it since I installed it

I tried installing the pixel launcher on my 6p but encountered the error below

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

Did you root your phone?

Mad Benny wrote: »
    I tried installing the pixel launcher on my 6p but encountered the error below

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

Did you root your phone?

Downloaded the apk desperately (not from play store)

Anyone know where I can source a reasonably priced speck candy shell case for my 6P?. Amazon UK are out of stock and Amazon US costs €40!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

My charger died today. Google doesn't sell them anymore. Any recommendations?

kave2 wrote: »
    My charger died today. Google doesn't sell them anymore. Any recommendations?
    possibly just the cable..
    If your looking for a new charge Anker have a test reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

possibly just the cable..
    If your looking for a new charge Anker have a test reputation

Tried different cable, doesn't work.

I'll get this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ACVEN2C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZM3CybTDGD51F

• Advertisement