Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6P

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

my nexus 6p was getting really laggy two years after purchase. why do all androids do this over time but not iPhones?

also phone turning off at 30% every now and then like reported. i read in this thread that people got free pixels so contacted google support. they gave me the usual crap support, update software, do reset until after about 3rd email, they gave up. i was still under warranty of 2 years and they were out of stock of 6ps so gave me a full refund of €550 purchase price! they emailed me a prepaid an post label, sent off the phone and got the €550 back to my credit card.

what a result!

Did that before too, got a full refund. Very useful as the battery issues were getting very annoying. Fathers 6p is starting to turn off at 40% now and is unusable as he really needs a good phone so most likely will be seeing what they can do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

my nexus 6p was getting really laggy two years after purchase. why do all androids do this over time but not iPhones?

Got to disagree with you on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Yakult wrote: »
    Got to disagree with you on that.

yeah, going off topic there but i always found it myself.

all phones kept with the same OS version they shipped with of course. the iphones 4 and 5 stay snappy after all these years but the androids often lagging.

maybe it's the NAND memory, i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

also phone turning off at 30% every now and then like reported. i read in this thread that people got free pixels so contacted google support. they gave me the usual crap support, update software, do reset until after about 3rd email, they gave up. i was still under warranty of 2 years and they were out of stock of 6ps so gave me a full refund of €550 purchase price! they emailed me a prepaid an post label, sent off the phone and got the €550 back to my credit card.

what a result!

How long did it take to get the refund after you sent it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

sent off the phone last Thursday the 19th. anpost track and trace said it was delivered on the 23-Apr-18 18:00. refund in my current account showed up on the 24th

• Advertisement
Advertisement