Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

murphp wrote: »
    Did anyone who got an estimated delivery date of 16th-18th November receive theirs yet?
    Call Google. They hurry it up, although they'll say it's an automated process ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 murphp

1jcdub wrote: »
    Call Google. They hurry it up, although they'll say it's an automated process ;)

Think I'll do that tomorrow. What colour/size combo did you get?

I ordered a 32GB Graphite last Sunday.

kave2 wrote: »
    I ordered mine this morning, at first it was saying 16-18th of November. Got email couple hours ago, shipped.

No way. What colour/size combo did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone who got their experience hassle with the lower back plastic piece being slightly raised.

Skip to 1:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgev6u7OtU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

I did find it to be slightly raised on the left hand side alright but not very noticeable. Especially under my case.

Im loving it at the moment. Glad to be back to android.

However I'm having serious issues with the Camera App.

It's horrible. A few times when I load in it freezes mid load on a blurred Pic its just taken while trying to load and you have to lock the phone and retry again.

Other than that not having any issues. I'm hoping this minor issue will be sorted with a software update.

• Advertisement

You could probably try a 3rd party camera app on the play store for now. I hear the google one isn't very customisable anyway.

I read on i fixit that that panel is only glued on one side. Probably explains the gap. And as it will be in a case anyway, as long as it doesn't get worse it will be ok I reckon.

On the same youtube video I linked to, people are also complaining about receiving their aluminium 6P's with nicks on the back, loose side buttons, and scratches on the silver chamfered edges. I think I will be leaning towards the carbon version when I finally order my 6P.

Think I'll do that tomorrow. What colour/size combo did you get?

I ordered a 32GB Graphite last Sunday.

I've a 64gb aluminium that's been shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

No way. What colour/size combo did you get?

64Gb, Aluminium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Patww79 wrote: »
    Don't know how common this is but it might be worth watching where you put one down, or even holding off to see how common it is before buying.

http://9to5google.com/2015/11/07/nexus-6ps-visor-back-camera-glass-shattering-cracking/

Seems It may not be just the rear glass.... :eek:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nexus_6p_owners_reporting_shattered_glass_on_the_front_and_back-news-14904.php

I ordered mine this morning, at first it was saying 16-18th of November. Got email couple hours ago, shipped.

Did you status change on the dhl tracking?. Mine is still showing London Heathrow..

• Advertisement

1jcdub wrote: »
    Did you status change on the dhl tracking?. Mine is still showing London Heathrow..

No change. Same as yours.

thomasj wrote: »

That's a bit of a disaster if widespread. Then again you only here from people with issues and there is always a certain percentage of flaws when a product is new. Still....I will wait and see what peoples experiences are on boards before ordering.

Just sold my note4, hopefully 6P comes soon. Status unchanged, still london

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drynne

Ordered by 32gb graphite on 2nd November. Still pending, estimated delivery 16-18 November :(

Spoke to Google online saying I needed to know when my card was going to get charged because I wanted to put something else on it. But she just said it will get charged on the 13th and delivery between the 16th and the 18th.

She didnt even hint I might get it sooner.....

drynne wrote: »
    Ordered by 32gb graphite on 2nd November. Still pending, estimated delivery 16-18 November :(

Spoke to Google online saying I needed to know when my card was going to get charged because I wanted to put something else on it. But she just said it will get charged on the 13th and delivery between the 16th and the 18th.

She didnt even hint I might get it sooner.....

I'm basically in the same boat as you. Same order, except I ordered on Nov 1st. I rang earlier today and was told the same thing, except he said it might come sooner.

I'm basically in the same boat as you. Same order, except I ordered on Nov 1st. I rang earlier today and was told the same thing, except he said it might come sooner.
    Did you guys got tracking number?

You don't get a tracking number until your order is processed a.k.a dispatched.

As far as I know, once you place your order is "Pending", then it goes to "Processing" (this is only when it gets sent out and they take the money and give you a tracking number)..........once this happens then you dont really care whats its at in the Google store, all the focus goes onto the courier!

I was worried something was wrong because they didn't charge me yet, im literally throwing money at them but they dont want it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

In case anyone needs to return their phone and/or case for any reason the RMA process seems to be very smooth. Got a very prompt reply to my request by email on a Sunday afternoon with pre-payed shipping labels attached. Have scheduled pick up by UPS for tomorrow.

You don't get a tracking number until your order is processed a.k.a dispatched.

As far as I know, once you place your order is "Pending", then it goes to "Processing" (this is only when it gets sent out and they take the money and give you a tracking number)..........once this happens then you dont really care whats its at in the Google store, all the focus goes onto the courier!

I was worried something was wrong because they didn't charge me yet, im literally throwing money at them but they dont want it yet!

DHL tracking updated. Still in London but spoke to DHL and its 24hr delivery. Should have it tomorrow...

Typing this from my 6P :-)

• Advertisement

Hoping to have mine within the hour too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

I ordered my Graphite 32gb when they came back in stock on October 30th.
    Said it leaves the warehouse by November 12th. Has anybody got any notifications or anything that it's left? Also how long is shipping usually. Going to Prague on Friday evening so would be sweet to have it by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

How is the camera?

Just in terms of taking pictures - is there much delay from taking 3/4 in row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I ordered my Graphite 32gb when they came back in stock on October 30th.
    Said it leaves the warehouse by November 12th. Has anybody got any notifications or anything that it's left? Also how long is shipping usually. Going to Prague on Friday evening so would be sweet to have it by then

I've got a pretty detailed post on this a few pages back - screenshot of my tracking info etc

3 of my mates all pre-ordered and got the delivery the day after getting the notification

How is the camera?

Just in terms of taking pictures - is there much delay from taking 3/4 in row?

No, not at all. Just tried it, very very quick. Pretty much no delay.

Anyone knows how to set monthly view on calendar widget?

Just checked my order status, gone from "pending" to "processing". Haven't gotten an email about it being dispatched yet

Just checked my order status, gone from "pending" to "processing". Haven't gotten an email about it being dispatched yet

Me too!

What cases if any are you guys using? Spigen ones are out next week on Amazon. Not sure if I should go with case or skin only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I just got one of the Adopted ones and it seems to be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lads, I have a buyer for my Note 4 and thinking of getting 6P. Is it a worthy upgrade from my note 4? Anyone upgraded from note 4? Cannot decide what to do.

Downgrade IMO. The build quality on the 6P is dreadful too.

Techmaster wrote: »

Care to expand on the build quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No it's not.

Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/r3cWVdLqXCg

The way the phone is built is very poor IMO. The panel basically sits on the casing rather than being attached to it.

Also, users are widely reporting screens and back camera panels cracking very easily, out of nowhere.

The Note 4 is a better phone.

No it's not.

Why's that?

• Advertisement

Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/r3cWVdLqXCg

The way the phone is built is very poor IMO. The panel basically sits on the casing rather than being attached to it.

Also, users are widely reporting screens and back camera panels cracking very easily, out of nowhere.

The Note 4 is a better phone.

Pretty hard to take that video seriously when it's named "Nexus 6p is a Joke"

Can any boardsies who actually have the phone give their opinion?

Why's that?

Cos my phone is rock solid and doesn't bend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Cos my phone is rock solid and doesn't bend.

Give it an ol' bend there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

biebiebie wrote: »
    For the price, there's really nothing unique to this phone. OK so first to have marshmallow, but it won't be the only one.

I'll pass and wait for the next crop of Snapdragon 820 phones.

Now if it were something with a foldable screen, like the rumoured Samsung project valley, then it might be worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg

erm........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I posted that video here last week.
    For anyone who still has the possibility to cancel their order might want to have a look at this. It's kind of shocking http://www.phonearena.com/news/Will-the-Nexus-6P-bend-without-Gorilla-Glass-4-getting-compromised_id75423

I have 6P(coming from note 4) for few days now and so far quite impressed. Build quality very good, phone feels great in hands. Marshmallow is light years ahead of lollipop with touchwizz.

So far I wouldn't say so.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You could say that about any phone.
    Dont worry though, I'll update my post if it somehow crumbles in my hands at any stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

JohnK wrote: »
    I just got one of the Adopted ones and it seems to be fine.

Is that the one you can buy directly from Google mate?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did you just say build quality is a joke with have zero first hand experience og the device and using a video with a stupid title on it from youtube.

Well.... erm... not sure how you can call yourself by that username. Leaves much to be desired.

listermint wrote: »
    Did you just say build quality is a joke with have zero first hand experience og the device and using a video with a stupid title on it from youtube.

Well.... erm... not sure how you can call yourself by that username. Leaves much to be desired.

A family member has the device, but thanks for the concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

A family member has the device, but thanks for the concern.

Convenient .... i see how you mentioned that in full yesterday. ...

Anyone with 1st hand experience of it bending then or is all from Youtubers?

listermint wrote: »
    Convenient .... i see how you mentioned that in full yesterday. ...

Go ahead and buy the phone mate, don't mind me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement