Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed on a house in negative equity with PTSB

Options
  • 29-09-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

We went sale agreed on a house in May, now still waiting for info asked for at the beginning, including the consent to sale from the sellers bank. It seems every other week there was another excuse given for the wait. The latest is that the assessor from the vendors bank was due out to value the property last week, only to find out from the tenants in the house (moving out this week) that no one was around to their knowledge. The auctioneer hoped that this would be the tail end of the process, but I'm wondering if valuation is just the beginning of the negotiation process.

Honestly, at this point I don't know who to believe, we've been very patient but our pre-approval is running out and I'm going mad. We are considering walking away but there is nothing in our budget to walk away to.

--Has anyone who has gone though this process tell me about where in the process the assessor came to visit the property?

--If you dealt with a buy/sell negative equity home with permanent tsb, how long did it take to come to a conclusion?

--Any tips from buyers who've gone/going through this?

Advertisement