Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steak Thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Bone in Rib Eye is 33% off in SuperValu till Christmas that'll be a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thread has died... well aged at this stage!

Supervalu Until Wednesday 6th advertised in The Sunday Independent so presume nationwide

373690.jpg

It was allocated to stores, my local one sold out today. I got some on Saturday and it was brilliant. Got a roasting joint as well

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

I'm can't believe nobody has mentioned steak from the Piedmontese, I had while in the states, never tasted anything like it, I got here in Clonmel a while ago, while it was dear it's top class and it's not supposed to be fattening for those people that worry about that.:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So wagyu and Kobe but premium price

• Advertisement

The 28 day aged fillet from Aldi was tremendous. Amazing at €12.99 for two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

snipey wrote: »
    I'm can't believe nobody has mentioned steak from the Piedmontese, I had while in the states, never tasted anything like it, I got here in Clonmel a while ago, while it was dear it's top class and it's not supposed to be fattening for those people that worry about that.:

Do you know any places in Dublin to get it? I'm always interested to try out new kinds of beef!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Possibly answered somewhere in here but I got a new cast iron pan for steaks just before Christmas but every time I go to use it, there is a horrible chemical type smell when it heats up.

Is there any particular method needed to get rid of this or is it a case of it eventually burning off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Possibly answered somewhere in here but I got a new cast iron pan for steaks just before Christmas but every time I go to use it, there is a horrible chemical type smell when it heats up.

Is there any particular method needed to get rid of this or is it a case of it eventually burning off?

HERE you go

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Do you know any places in Dublin to get it? I'm always interested to try out new kinds of beef!

I don't know anywhere in Dublin but if you google it there is a few dealers around the country that cut out the middle man and send it direct to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭CH3OH

From Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th Lidl

Rib eye or striploin 200 g €3

374433.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats my favourite steak.

CH3OH wrote: »
    From Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th Lidl

Rib eye or striploin 200 g €3

Just had the rib eye for dinner, delish as per usual, will be going back for seconds on Saturday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Twomeys butchers in Macroom have wagyu steaks now. have had the wagyu beef burger ( 2 for 5 ) nd they are unreal expecting the steak to be unreal. will get a price next time im in.

^^^
    Bring the cheque book:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Dunnes Store in Donnybrook seems to be the closest
    Full list on http://www.irishpiedmontesebeef.ie/about-us/

Saw an ad in todays paper for Aldi Super 6 at the weekend- they are doing 2 x Ribeye or Striploin for €9. Fill yer gobs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Lidl doing flat iron steaks (unbelievable - tasty and lean. Great to get the extra few grammes of protein in) for €4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Saw an ad in todays paper for Aldi Super 6 at the weekend- they are doing 2 x Ribeye or Striploin for €9. Fill yer gobs :pac:

Thanks for the tip. Good steak but still, at €20 a kilo, I'm not sure how much of a bargain this is!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-offers/super-6-meat-product-detail/ps/p/specially-selected-irish-angus-striploinribeye-ste/

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Lidl doing flat iron steaks (unbelievable - tasty and lean. Great to get the extra few grammes of protein in) for €4

Perfect for steak sambos!

• Advertisement

All steaks on offer next week in Supervalu. Striploin,Sirloin,Rib-Eye,fillet,tbone and cowboy steak (Rib-Eye on the bone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well.... looks like it will be a week of Lidl steak as a starter, main course Aldi steak and lets have a Supervalue steak for dessert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Santy2015 wrote: »
    All steaks on offer next week in Supervalu. Striploin,Sirloin,Rib-Eye,fillet,tbone and cowboy steak (Rib-Eye on the bone)

Oooh thanks! What day does this start? Next Thursday is it?

Oooh thanks! What day does this start? Next Thursday is it?
    Add your reply here.
    Yeah the 11th till the 17th. I'll be getting some thick cut rib eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

What does "on offer" mean? 33%, 50%?

33% off so 14.06kg for rib eye or 15.40 for Striploin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Bought a two pack of fillets from Lidl before Christmas, one was lovely, one was like leather, cooked the same way and at the same time. Still think Dunnes fillets are the best taste and value, 2 for €10, or the butchers in Bettystown Sirloin 9.99/kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Hoboo wrote: »
    Bought a two pack of fillets from Lidl before Christmas, one was lovely, one was like leather, cooked the same way and at the same time.

It was the first one that was nasty cuz you didn't listen to it on the pan.

http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/recipes/the-secret-to-cooking-perfect-steak-listen-to-the-sizzle-20160203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Was in the swan center in rathmines today
    new butchers there beside dunnes
    excellent looking steaks (aged) display
    I only bought 2 ribeyes for €10 , cooked them this evening , can honestly say the best id had in a very long time
    I will be going back to sample the other steaks they have soon
    Thumbs up to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. Good steak but still, at €20 a kilo, I'm not sure how much of a bargain this is!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-offers/super-6-meat-product-detail/ps/p/specially-selected-irish-angus-striploinribeye-ste/

Aldi Specially Selected are worth every penny. Always fantastic.

If you're looking for cheap meat and are in northside Dublin, Branagans meat factory in Ballycoolin - always €12.50 for Striploin and Ribeye. Decent steaks too, just not Aldi quality. I buy whole ribeyes, cut them to size and freeze then.

http://www.branaganmeats.com

Advertisement