Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Semi-Finals: Friday 2nd (19:25) & Sunday 4th (14:00)

• 29-09-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭

DundalkCrest2010.pngLongfordTown.png

Dundalk v Longford, Oriel Park, Friday 2nd Oct, 19:25 (RTÉ 2)

CorkCityFCCrest11.jpgBw-crest-sm.png

Bray Wanderers v Cork City, Carlisle Grounds, Sunday 4th Oct, 14:00 (RTÉ 2)

It's FAI Cup Semi-Final week and just a few more days 'til it all kicks off. Really buzzing for it. City's first FAI Cup semi-final since 2007, when we last won it. Good cup runs are really special things, up there with European runs in terms of excitement. With no LoI games scheduled, it might bring a few more out and should be a strong TV viewership. Should be a good away crowd of 500ish up in the Carlisle Grounds. Just hope it stays dry for us, now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Really looking forward to this, which is something I have never said about a trip to Bray in all my time following City. Close to 700 tickets sold in Cork so by Sunday I'd hope we have 800 if you include the Dublin exiles. How are tickets selling on the Bray side?

Heard this morning that D.Cassiddy is suspended for Bray, that will be a huge loss for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Got to wonder of the logic having these on the same day as all the televised sport. Whether we like it or not, it will have a big effect on attendences and tv viewership.

Everton Vs Liverpool at the same time followed by Arsenal Vs Man Utd as well as the Ireland rogby game.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a CCFC versus Longford final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyway, fingers crossed for a CCFC versus Longford final.
    I have my fingers crossed for a Dundalk V Cork final. Bray have proven to be a more difficult opponent for us over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Hon the Town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

CHealy wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this, which is something I have never said about a trip to Bray in all my time following City. Close to 700 tickets sold in Cork so by Sunday I'd hope we have 800 if you include the Dublin exiles. How are tickets selling on the Bray side?

Heard this morning that D.Cassiddy is suspended for Bray, that will be a huge loss for them.

I doubt it'll be anything special from the Bray side (shock horror). Cork got an added allocation of tickets though, after their first batch.

If Cassidy is out, I'll have slim hope of winning. Tbh, cork was the best tie for us to get the final. I know the team have the matching of Cork, so hopefully run them close and get the win.

I would take a draw, at least I'd make the replay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Usually, i'd be up for the underdogs. But a Cork - Dundalk final guarantees Pat's a Euro spot next season which is big money. So hopefully those two get through and you's can kick lumps out of each other in the final as far i'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hard to see Longford stopping Dundalk tomorrow night. Could easily be a hammering if Dundalk play to their best. Other tie is somewhat tricker but Brays form has declined a bit in the last few matches so Cork should be favourites. However if Cork play like they did against Derry last weekend then its harder to predict. Could go to a replay but Cork should get to the final.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Usually, i'd be up for the underdogs. But a Cork - Dundalk final guarantees Pat's a Euro spot next season which is big money. So hopefully those two get through and you's can kick lumps out of each other in the final as far i'm concerned.
    Thanks for the support monkey. Much appreciated. Good to see the Dubs embracing this wonderful Dundalk team.

With regards to this evening I obviously do think we will beat Longford but in fairness to them they have given us two tough games in Oriel Park already this season and I think they are the only team we have failed to score against at home in the league. However their form since July is pretty shocking with only one win against Bray in the league so it's hard to make a case for them. We have a week between this game and the Rovers game so I'd expect a full strength team with McMillan/Kilduff Shields/O'Donnell the only choices facing Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Free fcuking header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Dundalk deservedly lead, but I thought Longford gave a good account of themselves. There's a big gap between Dundalk and the rest of the top four, let alone the rest of the league, so Longford are doing reasonably well. Hopefully the second half stays close.
    Free fcuking header

To be fair, there was a player on him and the fella on the post just couldn't react quickly enough, it was a bullet of a header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pighead wrote: »
    Thanks for the support monkey. Much appreciated. Good to see the Dubs embracing this wonderful Dundalk team.

I actually hate Cork and everything about it, but I want them to win this just to annoy you :)

hugz :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dundalk have played some wonderful football these last few years.
    There's not a team in Ireland to touch them now.
    They're full of confidence and have loads of goals in them.
    Great to see attractive football being played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It was like Dundalk had an extra man that whole game. Their passing in triangles ran Longford ragged. Really was night and day between the two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

That shows the difference,like shels in early 00's, rovers under mon, this dundalk team are so far ahead of the rest!

Was hoping beyond hope for a result but it was not to be,that deflected goal took the wind from our sails! Best of luck in the final to dundalk

Bittersweet evening for poor Pighead. The delight at reaching a cup final in the Aviva is overshadowed by the fact that I'll be out of the country for it. Nightmare. Pro tip- NEVER let your lady or man friend book holidays without cross checking the dates against major cup finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pighead wrote: »
    Bittersweet evening for poor Pighead. The delight at reaching a cup final in the Aviva is overshadowed by the fact that I'll be out of the country for it. Nightmare. Pro tip- NEVER let your lady or man friend book holidays without cross checking the dates against major cup finals.

I missed the game last night. Seen a free date in the calendar at the start of the season and assumed it would be cup semis and if/when we made it that games would be a double header on a Sunday like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dundalk vs Cork is a worthy final. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Europe sorted for 4th, cheers lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Here's hoping Dundalk are on the piss for a few weeks once they wrap up the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gutted but not surprised. Fair play cork, hope ye do it but tbh, I don't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dundalk will be worthy hot favourites, but if you're not in ya can't win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I really look forward to this day, delighted Cork are in too as one of my best mates is a huge City fan. I do my birthday celebrating on this day, myself and another friend go every year, get premium tickets (€20, sure they're giving them away), few pints, day out, it really is a special day.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Here's hoping Dundalk are on the piss for a few weeks once they wrap up the league
    We'd still beat you's. This Cork team seem to have some sort of mental block against us. In the eight games between the sides since Kenny's glorious reign began we've won six and drawn two. Our beautiful brand of football is tailor made for the wide expanses of the Aviva. Hopefully a decent crowd will be at it this year. Surely we can hope for 25000 given the top two teams in the country are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Anything can happen in a one-off game. Dundalk have had the upper hand on Cork lately, but only a fool would discount a team with the quality of O'Sullivan and Gaynor.

I expect Cork to use the next month to get fit all the players who appear to be carrying injuries.

I will go to the game quietly confident, but not over confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Any idea when tickets go on sale?

Advertisement