Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC - €1000

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I threw the €8 card in to the order for the craic, if it is rubbish I will get a USB one, I can always install a pcie extension cable if it impedes air flow to the card.

I made the order for the parts, I need to choose a case and PSU and order those next, preferably somewhere with a UK style plug for the PSU as I heard it is no cheaper for cases from Germany anyway.

364904.png

If anyone has anything to say about the chosen parts please do, I can contact mindfactory before they ship and make changes if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Has anyone got any advice on where to order the case and psu to suit the above parts?

So far I am looking at elara.ie and as above it's a micro ATX board. The smaller the case the better. I am looking at this http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=JCEFD-CA-CORE-1000-USB3

The psu has to be beefy enough to handle over-clocking of the gpu and cpu. This is the list of psus I am looking at http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Of the tier 1 units the XFX Pro XXXs are the best price, was ~€100 when I bought my 650w version.
    The 650w Seasonic G or the M12s and S12s would be good in the €75-90 range. I'd get that from Mindfactory and buy an EU->UK adapter.

The Core 1000 and 1100 are great cases but the 1000's mesh design means fan noise might annoy you more. Both are around €40 on amazon.co.uk.

Advertisement