Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilier road bikes

Options
  • 29-09-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Anyone know of a shop who sells wilier bikes, I'm in hunt for new bike and I like the look of the wilier bikes,I'll be looking for frame only as ill be going Dura-ace 9070 Di2,not sure yet on wheels, I like the Italian bikes and with wilier I can custom pick the paint finish and prices are pretty good and finish is top class, I've had Pinarello's,Bianchi, bottecchia & Basso and the list goes on... I've tested the wilier bike when I was in Tenerife and I liked them, so far spec I've picked is as follow's

Wilier Cento 1Air frame-set
    Zipp sl aero bars/stem
    Fizik Antares braided R1 saddle
    Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 shifting kit
    Rotor cranks/rings with power2max pm
    Dura-ace 9000 carbon pedals
    Zipp sl carbon bottle cages
    Mavic,ffwd or enve wheel-set (not sure yet)

Anyone have any feed back on the wilier centi 1air ? I've looked up online reviews but wondering anyone on here have one ?

Cheers zip,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭jamesd

Velo in Birr co Offally do them for sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cycle Surgery have them in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Raam, paging Raam for some Willier wondering...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Raam, paging Raam for some Willier wondering...

He could be out playing with is Willier now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I know a few people who have purchased from salden.nl. Not sure how the prices stack up (€1999)

https://www.salden.nl/en/wilier-101air-frameset.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I have a Cento 1 SR. It's an absolute beast. I'm nowhere near good enough of a cyclist to do it justice. The handling on it is ridiculous, I find myself pushing into corners I'd be afraid to take in a car. I also think it looks the bomb.
    It has a fairly racy geometry, most Wilier bikes do, so be aware of that. It's not overly harsh though, I ride on some crap roads and it soaks up the worst of it.

If you're looking to buy a frame I don't think you can get any cheaper than Math Salden
    https://www.salden.nl/en/
    I bought mine from them for a fraction of the price I was quoted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

This looks ideal-"E-roadbike pith pedal assistance"! No training required and you can drop anyone whenever you feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I know some cyclists in my club got a "Humphries Special" though Humphries in Finglas using Willier frames so may be worth contacting them to see what they have in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

Cycle surgery in dundrum do them... What about Olympia bikes? Paint job is custom as well as far as I know and they are lively bikes.. but I'm saying that as I just ordered one.ðŸ˜

godtabh wrote: »
    He could be out playing with is Willier now

Which one? He's got a few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kevin7

I think Cycling Pursuits in Patrickswell (Co. Limerick) should do them. I bought a Willier from them a few years ago and no complaints. They looked after me with any few small niggles. There was even an occasion when they saved me a trip across town by delivering it to my home after a service when I needed the bike urgently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It's Wilier not Willier.

Viva l'Italia liberata e redenta

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Raam wrote: »
    It's Wilier not Willier.

Viva l'Italia liberata e redenta

Has Johnny Ronan dropped in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

I know some cyclists in my club got a "Humphries Special" though Humphries in Finglas using Willier frames so may be worth contacting them to see what they have in stock

You on about kardans? Defo not a willier frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

stecleary wrote: »
    You on about kardans? Defo not a willier frame.
    That's what I was thinking too. I've never seen a Wilier in Humphries, nor, with the exception of Raam, have I seen any McNSCC members with one.

That's what I was thinking too. I've never seen a Wilier in Humphries, nor, with the exception of Raam, have I seen any McNSCC members with one.

Humphries have a few Wilier frames hanging up.

I'll have to be more observant the next time I'm in! :)

I've spent a lot of time in that shop ;)

Big black ones. They'd take your eye out if you aren't careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

I've an Izoard and find it great both up and down hills, the handling is spot on. The only bike I'd change it for is a Zero 9, or 7 if I could afford it.

• Advertisement

Big black ones.
    Big black ones. They'd take your eye out if you aren't careful.
    Must ask D to show me one of his big black ones then so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

www.salden.nlhttp://salden.nl
    Good value on zero 9 frameset .friend bought a zero 7 there ,loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Hey,

Thanks for the info, ill update in a while how I get on,

Cheers zip,

That they do in the door to the left, but would exactly class them as a Humphries special.

stecleary wrote: »
    That they do in the door to the left, but would exactly class them as a Humphries special.

I thought that a Humphries special was a racing term for hiding in the bunch and then nabbing a victory at the last second!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Koobcam wrote: »
    This looks ideal-"E-roadbike pith pedal assistance"! No training required and you can drop anyone whenever you feel like it.

I had no idea such a thing existed.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/04/hidden-motors-for-road-bikes-exist-heres-how-they-work/

How well do they work?

Asking for a friend :P

I thought that a Humphries special was a racing term for hiding in the bunch and then nabbing a victory at the last second!

on an up hill finish of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Hey,

Ok..mind made up, I'm going with wilier custom paint job, Can anyone tell me what the difference in the 2 paint finishes are, they offer a opaque or polished finish, I'm going with the black frame with some white and black detailing, when you go black on black the frame is matt, this is what I'm wondering if I select either finish will it be matt either way ?

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

From what I can tell, polished is glossy but black on black is glossy on matte.
    Mine is a matte black finish but there are 2 different tones within that. The majority of the frame is a naked carbon finish beneath a matte clear coat and the detail around the rear stays, headtube and toptube decals is matte black paint. I'd also say that in truth the matte finish is more of a satin finish. It's easy to clean and doesn't scratch easily. Sorry if that's confusing.

Where are you based? I'm in Meath but I'll be knocking about on the hills in Dublin for a few hours on Sunday if you want a look to get some kind of idea of the finish.

• Advertisement

I'm in Dublin if you want to check out a matte black finish.

Advertisement