Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilier road bikes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Daroxtar wrote: »
    From what I can tell, polished is glossy but black on black is glossy on matte.
    Mine is a matte black finish but there are 2 different tones within that. The majority of the frame is a naked carbon finish beneath a matte clear coat and the detail around the rear stays, headtube and toptube decals is matte black paint. I'd also say that in truth the matte finish is more of a satin finish. It's easy to clean and doesn't scratch easily. Sorry if that's confusing.

Where are you based? I'm in Meath but I'll be knocking about on the hills in Dublin for a few hours on Sunday if you want a look to get some kind of idea of the finish.

On my older frame, I found the matte finish scratched easily. New frame not seen as much use so dunno if it is defo better but could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Raam wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin if you want to check out a matte black finish.

Can check it out and maybe taking for a spin and mind it for you? It would love to stay at mine for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

stecleary wrote: »
    Can check it out and maybe taking for a spin and mind it for you? It would love to stay at mine for a while

I did that once when Raam was out of action. Did irreparable damage to our relationship!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I did that once when Raam was out of action. Did irreparable damage to our relationship!

Its not as if your family like me and him, swords family for life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Thanks for that lads, I'm in mayo myself but in Dublin a fair bit, I have the frame opaque finish probably is a kinda matt/satin and polished is more of a gloss finish I guess, I'm looking for easy clean and I like the bike to have some bit of a shine on it,

Cheers zip,

• Advertisement

zero7-black.jpg

For that frame, the gloss bit is the darker black. Everything else is matte, including the lettering.

Can you post a pic of what you have designed?

Hey

here is pictures of what i'm looking at some pictures of what.... I see the difference in the gloss and the matt finish, what I was trying to figure out is opaque a matt finish ?

cheers zip,

Not sure TBH. You could try posting in the Wilier FB group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2381226203/

Hey,

thanks for reply, I should have done this first, I looked it up and its matt finish.... Now I just need to pick white/blue, white/black or the black white.... I love the bikes and have all the spec picked for it,

for anyone els looking at wilier bikes try Bicisports in Tenerife, Tony Piper is the guy running it and a sound guy to chat to, I hire bikes from him when I'm over there and that's where I got to see them built up with good spec, if anyone wants his contact details let me know, it should work out a small bit cheaper than anywhere else I could find online but I had a deal done 99% with him while I was over there unless I could find one ready to go somewhere,

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

stecleary wrote: »
    Its not as if your family like me and him, swords family for life

That's the reason that I left (was forced out of) Swords!

• Advertisement

Hey,

One more question,

I have the cento air frame-set on order,
    If I want to fit a carbon rail saddle do I need to order the carbon clamp kit ?

What bb do I need to run Shimano/Rotor 3D24 chain-set ?

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Did the OP get this the end? Be interested in the finished article, and ordering process?

Hey,

I got the frame-set alright, built it up with the spec listed in my opening post, lovely bike, could not fault the bike at all and it does stand out, I can pm you contact details for the shop in Tenerife where I got my one, ordering the frame was easy and bike arrived on time, not sure who sells Wilier in Ireland but I'm sure there is someone, I was in Tenerife when I saw the bike first and owner of the bike shop was a sound guy so I bought it there,

Cheers zip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Cheers Zip, any pics (pm if you prefer!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jonathondoe

Zippe wrote: »
    Hey,

I got the frame-set alright, built it up with the spec listed in my opening post, lovely bike, could not fault the bike at all and it does stand out, I can pm you contact details for the shop in Tenerife where I got my one, ordering the frame was easy and bike arrived on time, not sure who sells Wilier in Ireland but I'm sure there is someone, I was in Tenerife when I saw the bike first and owner of the bike shop was a sound guy so I bought it there,

Cheers zip

Jimmys in malahide got dealership after bike hub closed i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Velo.ie in Birr also sell them, nice shop and very helpful

Advertisement