Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Notes offline.

• 30-09-2015 8:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

Over the last 3 years I have put useful info in my iPad's Notes, such as the code for unlocking my iPhone's SIM. I could access them when I was offline.
    I've just discovered that all my Notes are now on iCloud, none on the iPad. When I am offline, there is nothing there.
    I can't find any instructions on how to down sync the Notes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The first time you open Notes it'll sync them all and they'll be available offline after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

as a side note having your unlock code for your iPhone SIM stored in your notes is a woeful idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Point taken, but it does depend a bit on your age... .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it really doesn't. It depends on how much you value security really, but I don't want to derail your thread any further :).

Hi Zcott. Sorry, but it doesn't sync the iCloud Notes to the iPad.
    After your input, I signed out of iCloud from my iMac's Safari; signed out of iCloud on the iPad, powered off the iPad.
    Started everything back up, signed in, both on the same Apple id. Did a sync for luck.
    I have 18 iCloud Notes and 0 on my iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

JonMac wrote: »
    Hi Zcott. Sorry, but it doesn't sync the iCloud Notes to the iPad.
    After your input, I signed out of iCloud from my iMac's Safari; signed out of iCloud on the iPad, powered off the iPad.
    Started everything back up, signed in, both on the same Apple id. Did a sync for luck.
    I have 18 iCloud Notes and 0 on my iPad.

But they're synced to your iPad and stored on iCloud. 0 on your iPad actually means they're all on iCloud, but there's a local copy on your iPad.

Zcott, thank you, got it, all OK.

Advertisement