Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first wrestling merch

• 30-09-2015 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

As the title says what were the first bits of wrestling merch you got either as bday gifts or more than likely from Santa :pac:

First xmas gifts that stand out for me were xmas 91 when I was 5 I got Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior wrestling buddys sent over from the states because WWF merch was hard to get a hold of over here (unlike 92 when WWF was EVERYWHERE). My bday is in Feb so I cant remember if it was Santa or a bday present but I got a wrestling ring, action figures and a best of Hulkamania VHS around that time too. Man I loved watching the 4 matches on that video, it was Hogan v Andre WMIII, Hogan v Savage from France just after WM5, Hogan v Slaughter and Hogan v Undertaker from SS91.

Anyway enough of my rambling, show your age and tell all what was your first bit of wrestling merch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

To my mind ... and not sure who in the family got hem, but he first wrestling merch in the household were Randy Savage and JYD thumb wrestling figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

My older brother bought me bret harts sunglasses he wore to the ring after going to see wwe, i think around 92 or 93 cant really remember i was only 4 or 5. i proceeded to wear them everywhere for the next 6 months after that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mqdefault.jpg

Not my picture but I remember getting Diesel, Undertaker, Bret Hart and Hbk of these figures. You would be able to bend their arms and legs & hear noises like bones crunching. I remember being so disappointed getting Hbk :rolleyes:
    I remember the only other two figures my parents could find were Razor Ramon and Goldust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

11552235.jpg

As a four year old i had this 12 inch rubber Shieky baby figure..... I had that, a King Kong Bundy one and a Junk Yard Dog figure.

What a time to be a wrestling fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

WCW Annual (1993) with Sting on the front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I got all of these around the same period of time. Also got a shawn Michaels pendant necklace thing which I can't find a picture of.

Copyright_1997_Ringside_Collectibles_ser1.gif

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

$_57.JPG

bd15.png

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

$_1.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

XXL size from the late 80's, I still have and it's still to big for me.

Once a year or so I put it on and get ready to rip it Hogan style but just don't have the heart to to do it.

hulk_rules_1_large.jpg?v=1424909022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I had that in a kids size and I did rip it ala Hulkster but only after my big bro started the rip for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I had a Roddy Piper action figure that someone who was visiting us gave to me. I was fascinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

220px-Superstarsgb.jpg
    Terrible game but I played the crap out of it.

$(KGrHqNHJBEE9ps,tP3nBPez6,uqLQ~~60_35.JPG
    Wasn't a WCW fan but this was the only Wrestling figure my local toy master had at the time, lol.

th?id=OIP.M583b52d2d582c9fac657a777802517c5o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
    Saved up for ages to buy this. A guy in a market in Dundalk had a WWF catalogue that he ordered it from. Took about 3 months to arrive..
    just in time for School Sports Day. I thought I was the shít

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

^^ except when you were sent home from school for wearing it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

5a2b817f0307274d57496e6f4e1086ef.jpg

A few months later Santa brought me the blue ring with the "real bell" attached to the side and a heap of wrestlers, I was so bloody happy but annoyed the **** out of the rest of the house with that bell. I remember it also had a speaker beside it that played some crowd and ring noises too.

Advertisement