Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal in Dungarvan

• 30-09-2015 9:50am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if people could recommend anyone in particular around Dungarvan where I could buy 8-10 bags of coal?

I've my own car-trailer so would be picking it up myself.

Thanks.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

We use Whelan's. They deliver too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

About a month ago bought a couple of bags of coals from Phelans Fuel and Hardware in Shandon (on the small road to the right just before the Kilrush roundabout / Carriglea Cairde restaurant as you go out of town). I think was €18 a bag / €19 with delivery, for premium coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

I prefer Glanbia (just off roundabout near Park Hotel). Their coal arrives dry and is all stored indoors, unlike some of the other merchants in town.
    They have various offers, I asked a fortnight ago and last years offers are still available, but that may have changed since.
    Their premium coal is grand, don't buy the BnM House Coal, v. poor for the money, especially in a stove.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks - I'll give them a ring and see if there's any deals on offer.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Phelans and ask for a deal if you are picking up a few bags at a time. For ten bags you should get the pick up price and get at least another euro a bag knocked off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement