Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turloughmore exchange cap

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi yfaykya

The link attached is not working.

Can you add the link again please?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

yfaykya wrote: »

Hi yfaykya

We will be unable to offer you the operational or infrastructural reasoning for the capacity of exchanges and this is one of the reasons why speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the term of "up to" which is also included in terms and conditions.

I will try to get some more information on this if you could please PM me your eir account number

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi yfaykya

We will be unable to offer you the operational or infrastructural reasoning for the capacity of exchanges and this is one of the reasons why speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the term of "up to" which is also included in terms and conditions.

I will try to get some more information on this if you could please PM me your eir account number

Thanks
    Al
    I get the "up to" bit. But I was told when buying that it was being throttled as it was new. So I am asking when plan to remove speed cap is.

• Advertisement

Hi yfaykya

Thanks
    Al
    I get the "up to" bit. But I was told when buying that it was being throttled as it was new. So I am asking when plan to remove speed cap is.
    Hi yfaykya

I have had confirmation that there is no cap at this cabinet and your speeds are definitely not being throttled.

Investigations by our technical support team have concluded that your line is at a distance of 1,167 metres from the cabinet (bearing in mind the cables are not running as the crow flies) which is why your speeds are at 25Mb. As I have previously stated the further the line is from the cabinet the slower the speed - it's ultimately the physical limitation of the technology and this is another reason speeds are under the condition of the term "up to". I have also been advised that there are customers served by this cabinet who can get 80Mb.

Thanks
    Al

Hi yfaykya

Thanks
    Al
    Hi yfaykya

I have had confirmation that there is no cap at this cabinet and your speeds are definitely not being throttled.

Investigations by our technical support team have concluded that your line is at a distance of 1,167 metres from the cabinet (bearing in mind the cables are not running as the crow flies) which is why your speeds are at 25Mb. As I have previously stated the further the line is from the cabinet the slower the speed - it's ultimately the physical limitation of the technology and this is another reason speeds are under the condition of the term "up to". I have also been advised that there are customers served by this cabinet who can get 80Mb.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, 
    I updated another thread as I missed this response. I was mis-sold then. I had assumed that vectoring/VDSL2 was to be used to bump speed. I was also promised free credit too. Sigh..

D

Also why does the modem claim there is potential better speeds?

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 6597
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 25765
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 7278
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 35170

Also why does the modem claim there is potential better speeds?

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 6597
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 25765
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 7278
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 35170
    HI yfaykya

Can we please correspondence on this topic to one thread? This one preferably. You were not mis sold as all speeds are advertised, sold and provided in the specific condition. This can be found in eirs terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/termsandconditions/ - If you feel you were the only advice I can offer is to contact the compliance regulator (comreg) or any other relevant standards authority - ultimately eirs position on this matter is that the service being provided to you is in line with the terms and conditions of service.

I have advised that there is no scope for improving your speed due to distance from the exchange and I'm afraid there are no other words I can use to make more clear.

If you have any further technical queries you will need to contact the technical support team on 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

The reason I used a new thread was because the first one was not being updated.

I understand up to etc. I get the limits. What I am saying is that when I told the rep (who promised me the free credit) she said and I quote "ah you will get more than that - that exchange is just throttled at the moment as it is newly added" - That is the point I am making. I am not trying to whine at all. I was just asking about something that an eir rep misleaded me on (I had three different call outs from K&N - including being given a wall plate and a few meteres of cables and being told I could cable it myself into the house as it looked like I knew how!! - Unbelievable but true!!) 

Anyways - thanks for replies. 
    One last question : Any plans on vectoring? 

• Advertisement

I understand up to etc. I get the limits. What I am saying is that when I told the rep (who promised me the free credit) she said and I quote "ah you will get more than that - that exchange is just throttled at the moment as it is newly added" - That is the point I am making. I am not trying to whine at all. I was just asking about something that an eir rep misleaded me on (I had three different call outs from K&N - including being given a wall plate and a few meteres of cables and being told I could cable it myself into the house as it looked like I knew how!! - Unbelievable but true!!) 

No worries yfaykya - I'll check the situation surrounding vectoring with our support teams and get back to you as soon as I have an update

Cheers
    Al

No worries yfaykya - I'll check the situation surrounding vectoring with our support teams and get back to you as soon as I have an update

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Any update?
    Thanks.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Any update?
    Thanks.
    Hi yfaykya

Yes, I had been updated on Friday evening advising that the cabinet is not yet Vectored but should be around march.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for update.

Thanks for update.
    No problem yfaykya

Thanks
    Al

Hi yfaykya

Yes, I had been updated on Friday evening advising that the cabinet is not yet Vectored but should be around march.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan, 
    Any news on when this might happen? March is long gone! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi yfaykya

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan, 
    Hi  yfaykya,

I'll check this & be back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi yfaykya

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan, 
    Hi  yfaykya,

Can you PM me your phone number?

-Pamela 

Advertisement