Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage over

• 30-09-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My marriage is over. I have a young baby. My decision, but he doesn't care so I suppose you could say mutual.

We rely wholly on my husband financially and I have nowhere else to go. I'd be happy to take our child and leave if er had somewhere to go. Can't expect him to leave because he pays the mortgage.

I don't know where to start, but for the good of all of us it needs to end. The decision is made and no point trying to continue to sort it out, it's too far gone for that and we are all suffering, so I need some practical advice please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Talk to a solicitor would be the best advice you're going to get here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Have you started looking for work? Ideally you could be self sufficient as it will probably be very hard to manage on his salary to run two households.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

Speak to your local housing offices, they may be able to help you. Can you go to your parents or other relative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

im sure you have seen the news about lack of local authority housing, affordable rents etc.

so getting a place to stay is going to be a real battle. so assess your situation. Are you in a position where you can stay put and have an amicable relationship with your hubbie? If so you can start making plans and saving money. 1st thing to do would be to either get a job, or do a course with free childcare to get you back into the workforce with a skill you can sell.

if you cannot stay put due to circumstances you can declare yourself homeless. You will likely be put up in a B&B and the waiting list is long. years.

They only alternative to that is to have a friend or family member put you up. but because it may be for some time, you would have to be very careful getting into such an arrangement. then you can get out on the housing list.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/losing_your_home/housing_options_for_homeless_people.html

have a read there.

Advertisement