Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straw Pellets for Bedding

Options
  • 30-09-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

First time doing this thread thing so don't really have a clue....

Has anyone used straw pellets for bedding ? was looking into using it this year but want some feed back of people who actually use it and not sell it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

how ya :) I get 75l bags of Superbed from a place down in Kilkenny. They do a pallet of 48bags incl nationwide delivery for 240euro. They also do vacpac hay and haylage (costs a bit more per bag) and you can do a combo of bedding/hay.

It's great stuff, dust extracted, super absorbant, non palatable etc.

Delighted I got it.

I put ten bags into the loose box to start the bed from scratch and now top up just one bag a week in deep litter system, mare is on 50/50 in out and average stable manners.
    I skip out a few times a day, wet out once a week, turn bed over and replenish.

Highly recommend it.
    If you check donedeal for 'oil rapeseed bedding' in Kilkenny it should come up.
    I'll dig out the number if you can't locate it.

Advertisement