Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event insurance required ? Whats the cheapest place to get it ?

• 30-09-2015 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I am asking on behalf of a friend who booked a room in a community hall for a 2 hour small gathering of friends e.g ten or so.

The price was agreed then she received a phone call a week later towards the date [ after everyone had been invited] saying ''I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you that you need event insurance''

So the date is looming this weekend, it is too late to back out of the invitations as people have already been invited and its awful to have this potentially huge unexpected bill when the original quote was accepted only because it was small e.g 60 euro. So my friend is expecting to be out of pocket.

Where can she get event insurance cheaply ? Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I am asking on behalf of a friend who booked a room in a community hall for a 2 hour small gathering of friends e.g ten or so.

The price was agreed then she received a phone call a week later towards the date [ after everyone had been invited] saying ''I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you that you need event insurance''

So the date is looming this weekend, it is too late to back out of the invitations as people have already been invited and its awful to have this potentially huge unexpected bill when the original quote was accepted only because it was small e.g 60 euro. So my friend is expecting to be out of pocket.

Where can she get event insurance cheaply ? Any ideas ?

Has he asked the hall who is normally used? Next best thing is to start ringing around brokers asap

Advertisement