Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Madison Square Garden Special! – Brock Lesnar's go to hell tour!

• 30-09-2015 2:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭

the official card
    BROCK LESNAR RETURNS TO THE GARDEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 10 YEARS ACCOMPANIED BY NEW YORK'S OWN PAUL HEYMAN AS HE FACES THE BIG SHOW!

JOHN CENA
    VS.
    SETH ROLLINS
    - UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH INSIDE A STEEL CAGE! -

RANDY ORTON VS. MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT WINNER SHEAMUS!

NEW YORK’S OWN DUDLEY BOYZ VS. NEW DAY
    - WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH -

CHRIS JERICHO VS. KEVIN OWENS
    - WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH -

DOLPH ZIGGLER VS. RUSEV!

ALSO SEE YOUR FAVORITE WWE SUPERSTARS INCLUDING:
    KANE
    MARK HENRY
    STARDUST
    TEAM BELLA
    AND MANY MORE!

*CARD IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

gotta think a few results here are very predictable: Brock, Cena (although it's pretty sad to think the World champ losing is a forgone conclusion) & Owens to win at least

That said I would enjoy a Jericho vs Owens feud so wouldn't mind if Jericho won with Owens holding onto the title

Also think they are missing a trick by not including an NXT match of some sort as I think that was actually the big selling point of Beast in The East. Great we get to see Brock but his match doesen't matter really.

Personally as these are one off specials why not have a unique one off match like Enzo & Big Cass vs The New Age Outlaws.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

RANDY ORTON VS. MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT WINNER SHEAMUS!

13045%20-%20Raw%20Zeb_Colter%20autoplay_gif%20dutch_mantel%20facepalm%20gif%20head_shake%20wwe.gif8762%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20cm_punk%20facepalm%20gif%20wwe.gifPFISe.gifIMG_3565.GIF

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's the new Cena vs Orton!

tbh I almost feel the same way about Rusev vs Ziggler... really hope that feud dies at HIAC (unfortunately it will at least make it that far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its a glorified house show, it may be a network special but the most compelling match his New Day v Dudleys, after that nothing really sticks out as news worthy.

Jericho v Owens is an odd one considering Jerichos heelish actions after NOC but its a house show at the end of the day.

It's the new Cena vs Orton!

tbh I almost feel the same way about Rusev vs Ziggler... really hope that feud dies at HIAC (unfortunately it will at least make it that far)

I fear its in a holding pattern until Lana returns.... which could be a long time away.

These two guys are capable of much better. Zigglers brand has been damaged since turning face to a point where I wince when his music plays, which was the opposite feeling only 2 years ago. He hasnt progressed at all.

Rusev has been trying to find his feet since the Cena feud ended and hasnt really recovered. Both men are excellent wrestlers who have been greatly mishandled recently.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its a glorified house show, it may be a network special but the most compelling match his New Day v Dudleys, after that nothing really sticks out as news worthy.

Jericho v Owens is an odd one considering Jerichos heelish actions after NOC but its a house show at the end of the day.

Those are literally the only two matches that would be on the show if I was booking it.

ok Bo Dallas wasn't exactly going to draw too many people to the event vs Brock but i'd honestly say that i'd be more interested in that match up even in a car crash, horror movie, rollercoaster type way.

random card put together in the time it took to write it including the limitations of not messing with current storylines too much and it being essentially a house show with a John Cena match thrown in there somewhere:

Fun 1 off special attraction match
    The New Age Outlaws vs Enzo & Big Cass w/Carmella
    As the title says it'd be a bit of fun, get the crowd going as an opener and the old stars could put over the young guns

Intercontinental title match
    Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens

Champion vs Champion Divas/Womens match
    Bayley vs Charlotte
    they are used to each other, would pull off a great match, a match that would once again put over the NXT womens division and you could book it so neither one loose, double countout or Bayley passes out in Charlottes submission but doesn't tap (maybe a little over done these days but still)

John Cena US title invitational
    Cena vs suprise entrant (maybe NXT's Samoa Joe!)
    Why not? Have Joe push him right to the limit too, hell leak online that Joe will answer the challenge and you might get more people sign up to the network as part of a free month to see it (and they may stay signed up)

Tag Team Titles match
    The Dudley Boyz vs The New Day

Brock Lesnar special attraction match
    Brock Lesnar vs Cesaro
    Cesaro always delivers in ring and for a mtatch that doesen't need a storyline that more hardcore fans than casuals will watch this would be a sorta dream match that we will otherwise not most likely ever get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Why don't they just advertise it as US Champ John Cena def WWE Champ Seth Rollins in a Steel Cage Match? Has Cena not done enough damage to Rollins credibility as it is beating him clean twice in 24 hours for no good reason? They can easily protect both guys by making it for the WWE Title and have Rollins cheat to win but of course Cena will win easily once again, devaluing the Heavyweight title even further.

You would think Rollins would be standing up for himself backstage, especially considering he is close to HHH. I mean they have turned the WWE Champion into a jobber who loses on almost every Raw and Smackdown.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I fear its in a holding pattern until Lana returns.... which could be a long time away.

These two guys are capable of much better. Zigglers brand has been damaged since turning face to a point where I wince when his music plays, which was the opposite feeling only 2 years ago. He hasnt progressed at all.

Rusev has been trying to find his feet since the Cena feud ended and hasnt really recovered. Both men are excellent wrestlers who have been greatly mishandled recently.

I'm a big fan of Rusev and like yourself have gone off Ziggler something awful too. I would also fear that they may drag it out but if they are that determined to involve Lana just bring her back early but don't have her in a physical role. She is a Valet / Manager anyway so it shouldn't be too hard and they can always have her in a big cast and get even more sympathy in her role in the storyline.

Ideally have her come back but as part of a heel turn screwjob where she goes back to her real life man Rusev at Ziggers expense, end the feud and then they can always re-visit it (way) down the road if Ziggler gets back any of his momentum.

Pinkman wrote: »
    Why don't they just advertise it as US Champ John Cena def WWE Champ Seth Rollins in a Steel Cage Match? Has Cena not done enough damage to Rollins credibility as it is beating him clean twice in 24 hours for no good reason? They can easily protect both guys by making it for the WWE Title and have Rollins cheat to win but of course Cena will win easily once again, devaluing the Heavyweight title even further.

You would think Rollins would be standing up for himself backstage, especially considering he is close to HHH. I mean they have turned the WWE Champion into a jobber who loses on almost every Raw and Smackdown.

Hes paid well and getting plenty of time to do what he enjoys. Id say hes fairly happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im assuming this is a 1 am start for us, is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What time is that at? I'm too lazy to check.

Edit: As LeeJM says

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Yeah, 1 - 3.30am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

KANE
    MARK HENRY
    STARDUST
    TEAM BELLA
    AND MANY MORE!

I didn't agree to any of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Looking forward to seeing Show getting took to Suplex City tonight. I'm going with 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lads Alicia Fox is sensationally hot. That's about all that's jumped out so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Owens Y2J match was really disappointing, was expecting a lot more from it, I know it is a glorified house show, but its very poor so far which is a shame as the it is the usual hot NYC crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

The new day we're class with the whole whazzzuup :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do New Day write their own promos? I refuse to believe anyone in creative is capable of coming up with genuinely funny material every week.

Well the New Day are losing at Hell In The Cell, but god they are irritatingly entertaining.

Lol all the hype and Show is pinned in under 2 minutes, Brock really earned his money there.

well that was quick

• Advertisement

The F5 was impressive though.

Xenji wrote: »
    The F5 was impressive though.

the face on him when he was doing the German suplex's though :D
    his face too when he came back out for some more

They really needed to clean the cage, Cena is covered in black dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought the steel cage match was very good, and Cena didn't exactly squash Rollins either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The sound was very bad I thought and the crowd was subdued a lot for a New York crowd

The audio cut completely for me briefly when The Big Show. Maybe his pop was just so deafening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Meh. Wasn't even close to Beast in the East.

Boring to see New Day vs. Dudleys go the exact same way as NoC, Big Show getting squashed after squashing Cesaro for a few weeks, and Owens having to cheat to win again and again after being so dominant in NXT. Was glad they rolled Ziggler, Sheamus, Orton, and Rusev into the one match at least.

I was trying to tell myself that Sheamus might cash in because they had him stand tall over Rusev after their loss and there was no mention of him potentially cashing in all night. Kevin Owens still looks dominant. He's a heel so I have no issue with him cheating victories.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was trying to tell myself that Sheamus might cash in because they had him stand tall over Rusev after their loss and there was no mention of him potentially cashing in all night. Kevin Owens still looks dominant. He's a heel so I have no issue with him cheating victories.
    I just would have preferred a decisive victory over Jericho, feels like it would have meant so much more than a thumb to the eye and a small package.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I just would have preferred a decisive victory over Jericho, feels like it would have meant so much more than a thumb to the eye and a small package.

Sounds like something they might use to build to his rematch with Ryback as it's the same way he beat him (the cheeky thumb to his eyes)

Advertisement