Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocker spaniel breeder

• 30-09-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Can anyone PM me the details of a reputable cocker spaniel breeder? Have contacted a few of the clubs. Looking for golden or Black and Tan. Thanks.

Also for anyone with one how are they with kids? have not had this breed before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

lalalady wrote: »
    Can anyone PM me the details of a reputable cocker spaniel breeder? Have contacted a few of the clubs. Looking for golden or Black and Tan. Thanks.

Also for anyone with one how are they with kids? have not had this breed before.

Cannot recommend any breeders but just a word of warning as a cocker owner... the golden cockers are prone to be snappier than the black and blue roan... now it is all of course how you bring up your dog and your kids will need to learn the boundaries too but the golden cockers in general have less patience..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Honestly as a former owner of Cockers I would not recommend them as the best pets for children. They are not as tolerant as other gundog breeds with younger children. They do best with older children and adults.

Otherwise they are a lovely but lively happy breed that do best in active homes. They require a lot of grooming & exercise. Cocker rage is not that common. I don't know anybody that has had a dog with it & I have friends with the breed. It might be difficult to get a dog from a reputable breeder in the next few mths as we head into Christmas season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

They are better suited with older children who already have respect for dogs - they don't care much to be poked or pulled (which is understandable)

On the positives they are fabulous dogs I have a black male cocker who is the light of my life.. They thrive on rules, and routine.. They are very active dogs -require at least one hour per day as an adult and more off lead / swimming etc.

They do require grooming every 8 weeks or so.. They are very loyal and affectionate ..

In the right home they are an amazing addition !

Advertisement