Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Restart

Options
  • 30-09-2015 4:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the patch came out today but no section of it specifically seems to address the reset issue.
    I posted the tweets a developer posted about the issue in the "league has begun" thread.
    Now I've created this thread because over on PFL(uk based madden leagues) they've decided to restart their leagues(1 league was affected by the bug and the other was not but both are being restarted) as they fear a reset deep into the league and to be honest so do I.Ideally get it done asap.

So what are the thoughts on the forum here?

Also restarting would entail
    Using the latest rosters, some teams will be improved and some not.

Rosters cut to 53 in preseason week 1 so it can be advanced to regular season week 2

Wins given in games already played using the force win option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, I'd be in favour of it. No point regretting it down the line.

We'll still be able to use FA in week 2 and pick up/cut the players we already had anyway. Unless some have already been picked up in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I suppose it's the only option really. It seems to be a bit of a no-brainer.

If we got deep into the 1st season and it reset then I'd imagine a few people would understandably just say "**** it" and not bother starting again and I can't say I'd blame them and probably wouldn't be too far behind myself.

What would the story be with free agents? I managed to transform a pretty awful LB corps with some good moves in free agency so wouldn't be too happy about losing out on them, but if it can't be helped it can't be helped.

Paully D wrote: »
    I suppose it's the only option really. It seems to be a bit of a no-brainer.

If we got deep into the 1st season and it reset then I'd imagine a few people would understandably just say "**** it" and not bother starting again and I can't say I'd blame them and probably wouldn't be too far behind myself.

What would the story be with free agents? I managed to transform a pretty awful LB corps with some good moves in free agency so wouldn't be too happy about losing out on them, but if it can't be helped it can't be helped.

Unless they've been picked up by a team and are now going to be on a roster, you'll be able to pick them up again, I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Yeah work away perrin it seems the most sensible thing to do as it could hit at anytime imagine if it at the mid point of season two after a draft and free agency haul of players, as paully said some wouldn't bother restarting at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My team is ruined, Bills had released Karlos Williams to FA, 130 yards rushing in his 1st game for me, Damn you EA

DAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOUUUUUUUU!!!"

• Advertisement

My team is ruined, Bills had released Karlos Williams to FA, 130 yards rushing in his 1st game for me, Damn you EA

DAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOUUUUUUUU!!!"

Could be worse look at what will happen the dolphins defence they have been awfull

There's no way of starting with the previous roster, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Knex. wrote: »
    Unless they've been picked up by a team and are now going to be on a roster, you'll be able to pick them up again, I would imagine.

FA's I picked up were:

Lance Briggs (ROLB)
    Geno Hayes (LOLB)
    Mike Adams (SS)
    C.J. Mosley (DT)

Briggs retired, Mike Adams and C.J. Mosley were CPU cuts I'd imagine by the Colts and Dolphins respectively so won't be available.

At least I'll get Hayes again I suppose. :pac:

There's no way of starting with the previous roster, is there?

Not with week one, but you could with the full pre season roster

tripperman wrote: »
    Not with week one, but you could with the full pre season roster

Might be the fairest thing to do.

• Advertisement

Might be the fairest thing to do.

That's true, but some players who had great pre seasons won't have that reflected in them ratings,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well in the other leagues they appear to be starting with the most current up to date rosters.
    Even looking at our snake draft the majority of those guys have signed with other teams or have retired.
    Possibly another snake draft but it can only go on for 1-2 days max.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Well in the other leagues they appear to be starting with the most current up to date rosters.
    Even looking at our snake draft the majority of those guys have signed with other teams or have retired.
    Possibly another snake draft but it can only go on for 1-2 days max.

That's true most are signed up now, we can't leave the snake draft going for days, do we restart at week one or sim the results we have from week one?, and start at week two?

That's true most are signed up now, we can't leave the snake draft going for days, do we restart at week one or sim the results we have from week one?, and start at week two?
    I would plum for sim the results we have and start at week 2.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I would plum for sim the results we have and start at week 2.

Yeah same as, think only one game unplayed now anyway

Yeah same as, think only one game unplayed now anyway
    Ya mine :pac:

So we'll do the restart once the games are played for week 1?

Just make sure injuries are off before we sim to week 2 anyway! :pac:

So we'll do the restart once the games are played for week 1?

Just make sure injuries are off before we sim to week 2 anyway! :pac:
    Gameweek ends tomorrow night,restart then.
    Wins for Packers,Dolphins,Panthers,Rams,Cardinals and Cowboys.
    Lions,Eagles/Falcons,Vikings yet to play.

Will you be sending league invites out tonight?, I won't be around Saturday to do anything with the roster and maybe Friday aswell,

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

The 'skins have gotten even worse. Great!

I'm fine with whatever the comish thinks is best to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah let's get the show on the road

The 'skins have gotten even worse. Great!

I'm fine with whatever the comish thinks is best to do

This is worse than deflategate.

#GoodellPerrinOut

:p

Will you be sending league invites out tonight?, I won't be around Saturday to do anything with the roster and maybe Friday aswell,
    Actually I'll send them out today at some stage,I'll just won't delete the other league till tomorrow.
    This is worse than deflategate.

#GoodellPerrinOut

:p
    BxOLgnBCMAA8q-P.jpg-large.jpeg

Can I just say what we are ALL thinking; I should get another chance to beat the Dolphins in week one, right?

Right?

Anyone?

Can I just say what we are ALL thinking; I should get another chance to beat the Dolphins in week one, right?

Right?

Anyone?

Go ahead, try getting on and playing your pre season game to should help you get up to speed

Xbox live down for the past while,don't think I'll get it restarted tonight.

Been busy the last few days,coupled with xbox live being down last night meaning the league only restarted today.
    Invites sent out,I believe the settings are correct(if someone's want to double check that would be great).
    Also that trade glitch appears to be gone :)

Leave today and the weekend for everyone can get their rosters down to 53.
    With regards to FA pickups,in the interests of getting the league going asap(and this is off the top of my head as I'm running out the door) it might be best if everyone just pm on players to me they want to pick up.
    I'm first in the draft order will only be picking up one guy so no conflict of interest I think.
    Either just award the one player like the previous FA cycle,or 2 rounds and reverse the order.

Nice one.

I don't understand any of that FA talk there.

When can I pick a player?

Nice one.

I don't understand any of that FA talk there.

When can I pick a player?

Perrin this is a good question since he wasn't in the team draft at the beginning of the league, would that make him an early pick, as he had such a limited choice in teams?

• Advertisement

There was 11 picks after Perrin in the Snake Draft

We could either put theonealdum in the middle of that, or do a random.org for number 1-12 and then place him according to that?

Edit: Did a Random.org and it gave me number 5.

gdBGFG3.png

That makes the Rankings:

1 Perrin -
    2 Reaper -
    3 MikeyT -
    4 Knex -
    5 Carroller -
    6 theonealdum
    7 Paully -
    8 Rock -
    9 Giffney -
    10 Padraic -
    11 Tripperman -
    12 Pudsy -
    13 Davetherave -

Is that fair, or is aldum automatically set to last?

Advertisement