Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you find Tommy Tiernan funny?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well I don't find him funny but I guess I can understand why people do like him. But everyone has different tastes, for instance my best friends favourite tv show is the big bang theory. In my opinion is the least funny show to ever hit the TV, the cartoons my little sister watches have more quality to their jokes tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So what you're saying is that there is no such thing as an unfunny comedian.

No.

What he was saying is that there's no such thing as an objectively funny comedian.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

It's a hack tactic used in comedy to deflect from the fact that you have no jokes.

No, its an expressive delivery method. Dylan Moran, who has been getting plenty of love on this thread, shouts all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Andrew Maxwell, Ardal O'Hanlon and Colin Murphy ......... the standard is low.

I do like Dara O'Briain though! :)

Again, this is all down to personal opinion; I cant believe this thread has gone on for 14 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I do find him quite entertaining, but he can be a bit, shall we say, intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

If anyone finds him funny they are just wrong.

He is s**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Dara O'Briain is the most unfunny comedian ever. He talks way too fast. It's like listening to an auction.

Tommy is a bit shouty but his material is good. I'd prefer Dylan Moran or John Bishop though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    If anyone finds him funny they are just wrong.

He is s**t.
    You have made me rethink my whole life, what if I'm wrong about everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My wife thinks he the most unfunny 'comedian' ever. I love him and his style of comedy. My wife thinks Des Bishop is very funny and loves his shows. I think he's just a ****e American trying to be a comedian by putting on a Tipperary accent and failing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

My wife thinks he the most unfunny 'comedian' ever. I love him and his style of comedy. My wife thinks Des Bishop is very funny and loves his shows. I think he's just a ****e American trying to be a comedian by putting on a Tipperary accent and failing.

I love Des Bishop, a very self-aware funny Comic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Dave Allen was a funny Irishman :)

Don't think anyone Irish Comic has come anywhere his high standards

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

He's good at shouting, cursing and slagging off the Catholic Church.

That wouldn't be a problem if he was actually funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭se02orqua5xz9v

The same YouTube channel uploaded a clip of Tiernan from the same festival in 2000. It was marginally better than the 2006 clip.

Out of eight minutes of comedy, around 30 seconds made me laugh; the gag about being asked for two pieces of ID in a bar in California.

It's from 2:01 to 2:28, if anyone wants to skip the rest.

Advertisement