Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a BA from an arts degree the equivelent of a Bsc?

Options
  • 30-09-2015 6:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭

I did arts(Economics) and looking at applying for a masters currently. The requirement is to have done a Bsc, wondering am I excluded from applying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Contact the relevant School where you are applying and explain that UCD award a BA for Economics rather than a BSc. A friend of mine received a BA in Economics from TCD and when applying for a Masters in Economics (MSc) in a UK University, they had to explain why it was a BA and not a BSc. They also had one of their academic referees include this in their reference and explicitly state that the student was more than capable of undertaking the MSc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You shouldn't be, many third level institutions offer BAs instead of BScs as a matter of history, some offer BEcs. Unlikely another institute would care or question but a quick email to the course coordinator should clarify it.

Advertisement