Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Two Student Bank Accounts With Different Banks

• 30-09-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it ok to have two student bank accounts with two separate banks?

I opened one with one bank 3 years ago, and now I'm looking to open another with another bank as they are offering cashback when you open the account.
    I plan on keeping both open, but changing it so that my income comes into the new account and not the old one.

Any feedback appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is no law against it. There is unlikely to be a bank rule against it.

However, there may be terms and conditions for any offer, e.g. that your grant is paid into it or that you have to be a first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Yes no issue at all. I have two student accounts with AIB, one with BOI and one with KBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I have a few. One because they have a branch literally 5 mins walk from my house. AIB because they have tons of City Centre branches and the staff are far more competent than BOI. Plus they have 24/7 support on their phone service

Advertisement