Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small PC desk suitable for gaming

• 30-09-2015 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Have ye tried Argos or Ikea? Some really decent ones there i hear, fairly reasonable too on prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Always a fair few up on adverts.ie as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Go to IKEA and to the office section and look at the desktops they have. They come in various sizes and shapes. You "can" cut them if you want, but be warned its chipboard and not solid wood throughout. I got away with it though for a year.

You basically buy your desktop by size and colour, then pickup four legs. Totally up to you.

I've had three, and they cost me about €40 each time. The reason I have three, is that when I move I couldn't have been arsed moving the table, so I just leave them there.

I'm using the large desktop at the moment, comfortable managed two 24" monitors and a laptop. And I moved while back to mounted monitors on the wall and now have that entire space. Fully recommended from me.

If you have a solid wall, you can also just mount the desktop on the wall using brackets from woodies or B&Q. I had that in my apartment, and it was brilliant. Massive space reclaimed having no legs on the table, for some storage underneath and just not having to worry about hitting my legs, of table legs, was pretty good. The main benefit is you can put the table to a height that suits you. I had the desktop higher then normal desks, and it was a massive benefit.

I'm back to a regular height desk and it forces me to rest my arms on my chairarms, and my elbows are wrecked from it.

Went onto the website there and I don't see them anymore, but I was in IKEA over the summer and they still had them. They are all mounted on the wall in the various colours and sizes in the home office section of the showfloor.

Advertisement