Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good weekend city to visit alone

• 30-09-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I am off work from Wed for a week, and rather than sit at home would like to at least get a weekend break away out of it. Not at all a fan of going away alone, but any of ye done this before & where would ye recommend??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anywhere, world is your oyster. I love Edinburgh and you can pick up cheap flights with Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Ryan Mac Sweeney

Hi there
    While I have never travelled away by myself I know of people who travelled to cities in Europe by themselves. The best cities in Europe to travel alone to are Amsterdam its a brilliant city as there is loads to see and do. There are also plenty of restaurants to eat out in such as the New York Grill , The Hard Rock Cafe is a great place to go to especially for its nightlife and food bit pricey though and there is also a gift shop downstairs for to buy gifts for your loved ones at home and for sightseeing Dam Square in the heart of the city is the place to be. There you can go and see Madame Taussads, The Amsterdam Dunegon and in the Museum Quarter there is the Vincent Van Gough Museum and Anne Franks House but go there early in the morning as it can get very busy during the day. Also the Rijkkmuseum withthe sign IAmsterdam outside is a great place to go for to take photographs. Its a really fun city to visit and best of all its only a 90 minute flight from Ireland with Aer Lingus. Also a walk along by the canals is great and the people over there are so friendly. I would highly recommend it for a weekend away by yourself. I look forward to your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

London has so much to do, you wouldn't be bored on your own. Loads of free museums, art galleries, walks around the sights etc. I used to go to London on my own for day trips when I lived in UK and always enjoyed it. Have a great weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Lisbon.(Thats because I personally enjoy it).
    Warm, cheap, easy to walk around, great transport, great trips out of town..and sooo relaxed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hi there
    While I have never travelled away by myself I know of people who travelled to cities in Europe by themselves. The best cities in Europe to travel alone to are Amsterdam its a brilliant city as there is loads to see and do. There are also plenty of restaurants to eat out in such as the New York Grill , The Hard Rock Cafe is a great place to go to especially for its nightlife and food bit pricey though and there is also a gift shop downstairs for to buy gifts for your loved ones at home and for sightseeing Dam Square in the heart of the city is the place to be. There you can go and see Madame Taussads, The Amsterdam Dunegon and in the Museum Quarter there is the Vincent Van Gough Museum and Anne Franks House but go there early in the morning as it can get very busy during the day. Also the Rijkkmuseum withthe sign IAmsterdam outside is a great place to go for to take photographs. Its a really fun city to visit and best of all its only a 90 minute flight from Ireland with Aer Lingus. Also a walk along by the canals is great and the people over there are so friendly. I would highly recommend it for a weekend away by yourself. I look forward to your reply

I've been there twice with friends & loved it, but can see how it could work as a place to go alone too. Decent option, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement