Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need the end.....

• 30-09-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭

Our 18 year-old cat is showing signs that she's dying. She's stopped eating (apart from the odd bit of boiled chicken) and is sleeping in dark, secluded places about the house. She's doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Is there anything else we can do to make her last few days as happy as possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Our 18 year-old cat is showing signs that she's dying. She's stopped eating (apart from the odd bit of boiled chicken) and is sleeping in dark, secluded places about the house. She's doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Is there anything else we can do to make her last few days as happy as possible?

Could you get a vet to examine her and make sure it's not something else that's bothering her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Sorry to hear this but if you think she's dying it would be kinder to bring her to the vet. She could be in pain, cats hide pain very well. She also may not be dying but needs treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Going to the vet this morning, thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Good luck both of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Good luck. I hope it's nothing bad. A few of our cats have lasted well into their twenties. Could be a sore tooth putting her off eating?

All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Good luck. I hope it's nothing bad. A few of our cats have lasted well into their twenties. Could be a sore tooth putting her off eating?

All the best.

This could very well be what the problem is. My cat went off his food and was hiding around the place. Turned out a couple of his teeth were rotten and he just needed to get theses removed. He's fine now. I hope all goes well at the vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Poor little thing had stomach cancer and her body was shutting down.

RIP Peggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

So sorry to hear that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Really sorry to hear that. It's awful losing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

So sorry. Take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Sad news indeed, I'm really very sorry.

Advertisement