Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking bill pay iphone 6

• 30-09-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭

if i unlock a bill pay iphone thats still under contract, could you please tell me if the phone will be at risk of being blocked by the carrier or anything like that?

i ask as im buying a preowned iphone and i dont want the contract on the phone to screw me over. its not unlocked yet. three network.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MarkY91 wrote: »
    if i unlock a bill pay iphone thats still under contract, could you please tell me if the phone will be at risk of being blocked by the carrier or anything like that?

i ask as im buying a preowned iphone and i dont want the contract on the phone to screw me over. its not unlocked yet. three network.

Three won't unlock until the contract is finished or paid up. Apparently even the eBay unlockers can't do Three phones. If the seller stops paying the bill Wont Three blacklist the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

whiterebel wrote: »
    Three won't unlock until the contract is finished or paid up. Apparently even the eBay unlockers can't do Three phones. If the seller stops paying the bill Wont Three blacklist the phone?

the guy says it can be unlocked. i guess ill just pass on it either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Not sure if three are still blacklisting phones anymore. 2 friends of mine had iPhones with them on bill and stopped paying the bill a few months ago and the phones are still working.

guil wrote: »
    Not sure if three are still blacklisting phones anymore. 2 friends of mine had iPhones with them on bill and stopped paying the bill a few months ago and the phones are still working.

Yeah it's why I ask. Don't want to be blacklisted. I've heard of someone doing it and nfvwrgad a problem even a week after having bought the ill pay phone.

I'd still be worried either way

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd be shocked if the operators don't shut down phones that aren't having the bills paid. They might have to give people a couple of months leeway to get sorted out, but I doubt they just forget about it, especially Three.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if the operators don't shut down phones that aren't having the bills paid. They might have to give people a couple of months leeway to get sorted out, but I doubt they just forget about it, especially Three.

Yeah ill definetely just pass on it. Thanks

Advertisement