Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are men with their tops off ok but women with their tops off not ok

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

''What do we want?''

''Topless women''

''When do we want them?''

''Now!!''

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭OhDearyMe

That's interesting, TaxAH, I didn't think the Germans of all nations would have a problem with it.

Perhaps you're right about the majority not having an issue with it - I suppose the more it's done, the more it's normalised as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Women with their tops off are OK by me OP :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

MadsL wrote: »
    That's kinda the point of poker...

Think he means a bag of chips, like from a chipper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Rezident

Not only is women with their tops off, ok, it is beautiful (as long as they can't throw them over their shoulders - saw an olde lady do that once, still scarred).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

What makes private parts private?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Because nipples are like opinions, everyone has them but its only acceptable for men to share theirs in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

OhDearyMe wrote: »
    I see a lot of breasts on a fairly regular basis living in a country with hot Summers where people have no qualms about being topless at the public pools. I go topless myself because no one bats an eyelid (or at least do a very good job pretending they're blasé about it!) and I feel I may as well take advantage of the liberating feeling while I can. All ages, shapes and sizes go topless there and not just the young, hot women. It's funny that once I leave that setting, being topless becomes an "issue".

While it may not be an issue I don't think breasts are not perceived as sexual in those contexts either, my source is I used to go on holidays as a young teenager to Italy and the Italians I hung around with definitely were copping eyefuls as well.
    Though a young male teenager can find a crayon drawing erotic so that might not say much.

About the wider nudity/sexuality thing, there has been hundreds(thousands?) of different cultures many of which developed fairly independently, a minuscule amount don't have any nudity taboo's, they might not be the same taboo's as us but they nearly all have some parts of the body that are covered apart from in ritual or intimate scenarios.
    Naturism isn't natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭OhDearyMe

While it may not be an issue I don't think breasts are not perceived as sexual in those contexts either, my source is I used to go on holidays as a young teenager to Italy and the Italians I hung around with definitely were copping eyefuls as well.
    Though a young male teenager can find a crayon drawing erotic so that might not say much.

Well that's Italy for you! Or teenagers! :-)

I'm not saying they weren't sexual in that context, just that it wasn't an issue. I mean, people are walking around in bikinis and speedos getting tans to look attractive, so everyone's copping eyefulls of each other, myself included - we're only human after all. Saying that, I have eyes in my head and I do notice the attention I get (even if a man believes he's being subtle) and I notice attention given to other women from men. Hand on heart, there's not half as much gawking and ogling as you'd expect. I suppose it's down to the fact that it's in a context you'd expect and the fact that the boobs on display look decidedly average - more like something you'd see in National Geographic or in a biology book and are not presented in a sexualised manner like they might be in a push up bra on a night out or in sexy lingerie or whatever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement