Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunshade for Vantage 4-16×50 AO Mil Dot IR

Options
  • 30-09-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

Can anyone tell me if there is a universal sunshade. I trying to get my hands on one to fit A Hawke Vantage 4-16×50 AO Mil Dot IR.

Everything I see online seem to have a 56mm thread and the scope seems to be a little bigger, maybe 58mm

Anyone have this scope with a sunshade on it.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

PSXDupe wrote: »
    Everything I see online seem to have a 56mm thread and the scope seems to be a little bigger, maybe 58mm
    If your scope has a 50 mm objective lens then the sunshade will have an internal diameter of 50mm. The width of the housing is usually 3mm and as it's circular it means it can be 6-8 mm wider than the actual objective lens size.

I have a half a dozen sunshades here that i've gathered over the years. I'm sure one would suit, but the only problem is the threading. Not all manufacturers use the same thread count on their sunshades and as the threading is very fine you certainly don't want to cross thread it or you'll never fit one.

I don't have a 50mm scope to check the sunshade i have against, but if i can find the 50 mm shade i'll contact you back and your welcome to it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Thanks a million Cass.

I'm normally down around Abbeyleix in the mother-in-laws so could collect if that was better
    Cass wrote: »
    If your scope has a 50 mm objective lens then the sunshade will have an internal diameter of 50mm. The width of the housing is usually 3mm and as it's circular it means it can be 6-8 mm wider than the actual objective lens size.

I have a half a dozen sunshades here that i've gathered over the years. I'm sure one would suit, but the only problem is the threading. Not all manufacturers use the same thread count on their sunshades and as the threading is very fine you certainly don't want to cross thread it or you'll never fit one.

I don't have a 50mm scope to check the sunshade i have against, but if i can find the 50 mm shade i'll contact you back and your welcome to it.

As soon as i find it i'll PM you and arrange to either have it collected or i'll send it to you.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Well that was easy. Thought i'd be looking for hours.

This is for a 50mm scope, but cannot remember if it's off a Hawke or different brand. So when trying it just be careful, take your time and if it feels wrong when screwing it in just stop.

Just send me a PM with your address or when you'll be in Abbeyleix and we'll see if we can arrange to meet or need to post.

Advertisement