Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Advice

Options
  • 30-09-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I studied a HND in graphic design a few years back before moving to the UK to study for a degree. While I was in the UK studying I fell ill and moved back home before completing the degree. Luckily enough, the part time job I held here while studying were good to me and I have since been promoted numerous times. I have recently bought my first house and have settled with my small family.

My problem lies in the fact that now I have decided I would love to pursue a career in design of some sort. I would hop on the opportunity of a placement for some experience (most jobs advertise 2+ years experience) but in my position I feel it is not feasible giving up a full time job for a potential 6 month unpaid placement. I would take the opportunity to complete a degree either part time or at home bar the fact my current job requires me to work 2-3 evenings a week. Literally at wits end looking for an insight.

Any one here in the industry with some advice as where to go or an insight in to where I should start?

Advertisement