Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone emptying rubbish into neighbour's bin.

Options
  • 01-10-2015 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

I was just out walking the dog there (well looking for the dog) This car slowly drives into the cul de sac. Parks right in the middle of the road. This guy gets out of the car, as though I'm not even there and opens his boot. I walk back to my house and stand outside the door. Yer man lifts one of my neighbours bins and starts filling it with his rubbish.

Wtf?? I took his reg but would would I tell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Tell your neighbour that someone is using his bin to dump rubbish in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

Technically it's covered under littering law.

I fell out with a neighbour (permanently) who decided to empty his entire garage of trash into my skip here in Cork.

Waste disposal costs money and skips cost serious money!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can find some contact info for Galway CC litter dept here
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/environment-litter-waste/litter-illegal-dumping/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My neighbour dumps his rubbish on a heap out back. Our cats keep the rats at bay. He considers the bin collection a sneaky tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Maybe check with your neighbour if they have given permission for someone to do this before worrying about reporting it ? But I think the place to report it would be environmental waste department in the council. That's if they haven't given permission for someone to use their bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Maybe check with your neighbour if they have given permission for someone to do this before worrying about reporting it ? But I think the place to report it would be environmental waste department in the council. That's if they haven't given permission for someone to use their bin.

+1 I'd check with with your neighbor before you go reporting anyone. I rent a house in Galway and my landlord pays the refuse bill but he uses our bins for his rubbish as we never fill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

galwayrush wrote: »
    My neighbour dumps his rubbish on a heap out back. Our cats keep the rats at bay. He considers the bin collection a sneaky tax.

What happens when the rat gets bigger than your cats? Time to have a nice quite word and if not working time to ring the council as that only brings other pests such as maggots etc

Advertisement