Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old english bulldog

• 01-10-2015 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Any one no anything about them or where I could buy one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Can't recommend any breeders as I don't know of them, but they are a breed riddled with health issues, if you get one, get him/her insured. They also wouldn't be cheap to buy, and if you find a cheap one you'll end up with hefty vet bills!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭joeguevara

VonVix wrote: »
    Can't recommend any breeders as I don't know of them, but they are a breed riddled with health issues, if you get one, get him/her insured. They also wouldn't be cheap to buy, and if you find a cheap one you'll end up with hefty vet bills!

If the OP is talking about an olde English bulldogge, the above post is not true. This dog (of which I have one, DeNiro) is the healthiest bulldog breed with none of the health issues of the Brittish Bulldog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

joeguevara wrote: »
    If the OP is talking about an olde English bulldogge, the above post is not true. This dog (of which I have one, DeNiro) is the healthiest bulldog breed with none of the health issues of the Brittish Bulldog.

Considering they are only a "newly created" breed in America, I highly doubt there would be any established breeders of them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭cz527

Though it would be hard to find one.my next choise was a bullmastiff would people recommend them for family dog and watch dog and would have lots of room to run and play iv a huge lawn.and what sort of money would I pay for a real good breed one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

cz527 wrote: »
    Though it would be hard to find one.my next choise was a bullmastiff would people recommend them for family dog and watch dog and would have lots of room to run and play iv a huge lawn.and what sort of money would I pay for a real good breed one

The lawn issue doesn't really come into it as the dog will still need to be walked regularly. I've seen them make fine family pets, however I can imagine (given their enormous size) they would be an unwise choice around small children who they could EASILY bowl over. Older ones with a bit more sense (the kids, that is :o ) would be okay. As for a watch dog, it depends. If you are planning on keeping the dog indoors with the family, then any breed will make a good watch dog. If you are planning on leaving it outside in the hopes that it will alert you to an intruder, then the chances are it will be stolen, drugged or killed before you get the chance to act on any warnings. I don't know of any good breeders specifically but I would imagine you should expect to pay way closer to a 4 digit number than a 3 digit one considering the mass of health problems and low life-expectancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭cz527

What sort of price would you pay for a old english bulldog.i both a fawn male he is 7 months old I gave 1400 for him and im looking at to different females one black and white for 1200 and the other is a lilac for 3000 big brice difference can anyone explain to me the price difference and they both very good blood line

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ALANC81

cz527 wrote: »

Bullmastifs make great family pets and great guard dogs as long as you buy from a responsible breeder ( something very hard to find ). They are great with small kids when raised with them and a properly bred Bullmastif will guard your family and home with its life.

My advice is stay away from done deal and sites like it and browse the Internet for proper breeder's. You can expect to pay anything up to €1,000 for a good pup o and make sure you see both parents before you buy.

Advertisement