Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the idiot Bus driver on the N20 this morning.....

• 01-10-2015 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

...who was creeping his way into Patrickswell with his one functioning and barely visible tail light in thick fog:

Not only are you a hazard to other users in heavy fog this morning, you are much more of a hazard to the children who have to use your machine to get to school.

There is a basic expectation on us all to ensure your vehicle is roadworthy at all times

There is a duty of care on all of us as road users to ensure we do not injure or kill other road users.

There is an extra duty of care on you to ensure the safety of your passengers.

You have failed on all three.

Despite this, you were more than happy to use the roads this morning with a barely visible, underlit vehicle to transport children to school.

This fog was not unexpected: Met Eireann forecast it.

I sincerely hope there will be no accidents this morning with your vehicle this morning.

Putting this out there so others can be aware when travelling the N20 between Patrickswell and Croom this morning and to parents who use schoolbusses to be aware that there is one in Service that is clearly not safe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Would you not be better ringing the bus company directly rather than ranting here??

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

cronin_j wrote: »
    Would you not be better ringing the bus company directly rather than ranting here??

No company markings on the bus.

Also other drivers in the area need to look out for this thing as it is not visible in the fog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Big_Evil wrote: »

Also other drivers in the area need to look out for this thing as it is not visible in the fog.

I presume you could read the number plate? And you know how to ring the Gardai to alert them to a possible danger on the road?

TBH OP, I note the use of the word 'creeping' in your post so i suspect what has really upset you is that he was going a sensible speed for the road conditions but you left at the same time for work as always and couldn't overtake the slower moving vehicle? Hence the diatribe? Am I close?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

Deagol wrote: »
    I presume you could read the number plate? And you know how to ring the Gardai to alert them to a possible danger on the road?

TBH OP, I note the use of the word 'creeping' in your post so i suspect what has really upset you is that he was going a sensible speed for the road conditions but you left at the same time for work as always and couldn't overtake the slower moving vehicle? Hence the diatribe? Am I close?! :P

You are not even in the same galaxy, nevermind close to anything.

To help you with some of your questions:

1. The purpose of this is not to rant. It is to alert other road users that this thing is on the road this morning and is a hazard
    2. Read number plates ? No. Visibility was not good as described above. Number plate was not lit.
    3. Do I know how to use a telephone ? Are you being smart ? Yes. I know how to use one. They have been around for some time. Both wired phones, and the more modern wireless phones - better known as mobile phones by virtue of the fact that the user can carry them around

MODS> School runs are now presumably over, so it would be safe to assume that this bus is off the road. Would appreciate if this could be locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Well done OP. I hope a many other people driving through fog were paying close attention to Boards and were alerted to this danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Well done OP. I hope a many other people driving through fog were paying close attention to Boards and were alerted to this danger.

:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

don't blame the driver....its up to the maintenance staff/ mechanics to make sure everything is in proper working order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Big_Evil wrote: »

Get the number plate the next clear morning that you zip up to behind this creeping bus that you couldn't overtake in the fog this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

philstar wrote: »
    don't blame the driver....its up to the maintenance staff/ mechanics to make sure everything is in proper working order

Is it? I would have thought there's a responsibility on the driver to ensure the vehicle is road worthy. The driver should at least ensure that basic stuff like lights/mirrors are working and that tyres are in good condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

phog wrote: »
    Is it? I would have thought there's a responsibility on the driver to ensure the vehicle is road worthy. The driver should at least ensure that basic stuff like lights/mirrors are working and that tyres are in good condition.

The driver has ultimate responsibility for his vehicle to be road Worthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Look at all the trouble you've caused phog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

Has the driver owned up on here yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Thread is dead, not going anywhere, report the driver and air your grievances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement