Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy and pasting

Options
  • 01-10-2015 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Need to copy and paste a specific web page and save it in a MS word doc, but when I copy and paste, text and script are all mixed up. If I use the snipping tool it will only allow me to screen capture what is showing me on the screen. So what I'm basically asking is how can you copy or ( screen capture ) the entire 2page doc and paste it to ms word

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Need to copy and paste a specific web page and save it in a MS word doc, but when I copy and paste, text and script are all mixed up. If I use the snipping tool it will only allow me to screen capture what is showing me on the screen. So what I'm basically asking is how can you copy or ( screen capture ) the entire 2page doc and paste it to ms word

One option would be to zoom out a bit (with ctrl + mouse wheel) so more of the page is visible when you snip or do multiple snips and put them into the word doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Try Ctrl + Spacebar after pasting, removes formatting and changes to default font. Alternatively use Ctrl + Windows Key + V to paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

Ive tried the zoom out but the text is too small then when pasting, if then the picture is stretched out it come out all blurry.

Tried also then ctrl + space but the txt is still all mixed up.

Is there any other way of doing this without using multiply snips??
    Ive since came across an extension for chrome which captures the whole web page ( download them in chrome store "screen capture") but can't get them to transfer into a word doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 44 myrscossie

Go to the webpage you want to copy then go to "print" it to a PDF file and save it to your desktop, you can use the free pdf converters online or download PDFMate to convert it from PDF TO WORD.

how_do_i_copy_an_entire_web_page

• Advertisement
Advertisement