Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Touch Site

Options
  • 01-10-2015 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with the Touch site, well one thread specifically. It happens to be in the Baseball forum where I mod but the issue is that on occasion, the latest posts don't appear and it seems to get stuck at a certain time and any post after that won't show.

However when I go to my threads, it shows up in bold as having new posts to read and I can see the name of the new poster but when I click on the thread, it brings me to the old post where the thread got stuck and I can't access the new posts.

If I switch to the full site I can see them but when I switch back to the touch site, I can't. Eventually, sometimes within an hour or so, other times longer the problem fixes itself.

Anyone know what's going on?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm having a problem with the Touch site, well one thread specifically. It happens to be in the Baseball forum where I mod but the issue is that on occasion, the latest posts don't appear and it seems to get stuck at a certain time and any post after that won't show.

However when I go to my threads, it shows up in bold as having new posts to read and I can see the name of the new poster but when I click on the thread, it brings me to the old post where the thread got stuck and I can't access the new posts.

If I switch to the full site I can see them but when I switch back to the touch site, I can't. Eventually, sometimes within an hour or so, other times longer the problem fixes itself.

Anyone know what's going on?

Similar happening in the Soccer forum. I think it happens when there are above a certain number of posts in the thread. It used to be that once the number of posts were reached the first post on a new page wouldn't show, you had to wait until there was a second post, now for some reason the first and second post don't show and you have to wait for third post before the page opens or switch between sites.

Was a similar problems with the normal website when threads hit 10,000 posts, and it was decided to close the threads rather than sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Same with me on numerous fora, for weeks. Won't show me the latest post if it's the first on a new page, until the second post on the new page is posted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It's a user profile specific problem. Somewhere in the threads you're all talking about, you'll have thanked a post at least twice by accident (the touch site doesn't automatically show thanks so you'll unlikely be aware of it when it happens).

The site devs are able to go through your user profile records and the problem post, or even posts, will show up and can be fixed then. It happened to me a couple of times and took a fair while to nail down the issue.

Advertisement