Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Seafront Playpark damage

• 01-10-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

If you’re a parent yourself, you might’ve have noticed damage to the rubberized ground of the seafront play park, presumably due to vandalism.

I wrote to Simon Harris TD about this, who is following this up with the council.

R

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I don't think it was caused by vandalism.
    As a regular visitor there with my kids I noticed the damage being gradual.
    Regular wear and tear in my opinion. That particular area of the soft surface receives a lot of force from little feet pushing that twirly thing around.
    Perhaps the material mix during construction wasn't quite right.

One of the other rides has become unattached and has since been removed leaving a metal spike sticking up out of the ground some 4 inches. This spike is covered by a loose traffic cone which the kids regularly remove.
    This is quite dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Community and Enterprise (Libraries/Arts) in Wicklow County Council are responsible for this.
    They can be contacted on 0404 20208 or email dce@wicklowcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

I’d like to think it wasn’t caused by vandalism, and you may be right, could’ve been a tipping point after which the whole thing got a lot worse quick. The surface wear had taken a step change when I saw it at any rate.

It’s only been there just over a year. Word from the council is they are following the damage up with whoever put the playground in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

playground is a great addition to the prom but they should have doubled its size.... it is very busy all the time so wear and tear would be quick enough to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Playground now closed for imminent repairs.

I have to say, whether its the length of the grass or something like this, since moving to Bray I've been impressed with the responsiveness of the council. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

jobless wrote: »
    playground is a great addition to the prom but they should have doubled its size.... it is very busy all the time so wear and tear would be quick enough to happen

I agree. I had to wait 10 minutes for a go on the swing yesterday.

Advertisement