Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10M, Sunday, January 31, 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Worth it for the tee shirt alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Nice one, I'm in! It's starting to feel like next year already once that race shows up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

thanks Dom - just registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Entries open, usually sells out before race
    http://www.active.com/co-waterford-munster/running/distance-running-races/john-treacy-dungarvan-10-2016?int
    Great race, deep field, 65 sub 60's last year.

Thanks for the heads up. I always miss registration for this - not missing it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

nice one, I missed it last year. It was sold out before the end of October.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Registered for this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Limit of 2,500 this year up from 2,000 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Entries open, usually sells out before race
    http://www.active.com/co-waterford-munster/running/distance-running-races/john-treacy-dungarvan-10-2016?int
    Great race, deep field, 65 sub 60's last year.

Thanks for the heads up, for the last couple years I've tried to sign up when registration had closed. Great to be in this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Signed up for this before knowing the start time. 1.30pm lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

signed up also, looking to go sub 60 this time. One of my fav races of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Starting to look forward to this race now, has always been my favorite race of the year. Hoping to go sub 65 this time out although the christmas period (and sh1tty weather) has not been too good to me and training is only ramping up now. Hopefully can get enough done to have a lash. Anyone else aiming for a PB at this?

Anyone here pacing the sub 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Beef wrote: »
    Worth it for the tee shirt alone!

Yep, by far the best t-shirts in my large collection. Great organisation, nice course and terrific post-race grub. Highy recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

aero2k wrote: »
    Yep, by far the best t-shirts in my large collection. Great organisation, nice course and terrific post-race grub. Highy recommended.

Managed to get a late entry but now it looks (due to child care) I may have to switch to the Trim 10 mile the week after. Trim is closer to me but is it quicker? Sean I know you had a great run there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Abhainn wrote: »
    Managed to get a late entry but now it looks (due to child care) I may have to switch to the Trim 10 mile the week after. Trim is closer to me but is it quicker? Sean I know you had a great run there last year

Well, it was for me!

I reckon both courses have big chunks where wind could be a factor, but leaving weather aside Trim is quicker. There's a few little rollers but nothing hard - I tend to be a bit weaker uphill than the runners I find myself with in races but I had no problems on that course. It's definitely the fastest 10 mile course I've run - that's compared to Dungarvan, Craughwell, and various Frank Duffy races. Very safe too, I didn't notice any problems with traffic. I can't recall if the roads were fully closed.

The coffee and bickies in the goody bag were nice too:).

Best of luck Joe, you'll fly round that course.

The first 10K of JT has rolling hills which are fair, thou one is bit steep going down so what you potentially lost going up you will not gain going back down, legs take a bit of a battering here. Its the long pull during 14 and 15K you have to have something left in the tank for, very easy to drop alot of time here if not focused.

viperlogic wrote: »
    Its the long pull during 14 and 15K you have to have something left in the tank for, very easy to drop alot of time here if not focused.

The introduction of that 400-500m hill into the route last year was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Abhainn wrote: »
    The introduction of that 400-500m hill into the route last year was disappointing.

where abouts is that?

webpal wrote: »
    where abouts is that?

14.4K in you turn off the main cork road back up the hill that you did at 3K in. Previously you stayed on the cork road all the way to the finish.

Think it was changed last year for safety reasons. Previously cars were getting v close to runners towards the finish as the road narrowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

thanks, where is the last k then? Do you approach the finish line in the opposite direction now, or do you go back to main run after 14.4k and finish around the roundabout and up as was the case previously? the map on the website is a bit confusing.

• Advertisement

webpal wrote: »
    thanks, where is the last k then? Do you approach the finish line in the opposite direction now, or do you go back to main run after 14.4k and finish around the roundabout and up as was the case previously? the map on the website is a bit confusing.

So at 15K you reach top of the hill, then after 15.3K you turn right down towards the mainroad/roundabout and finish the same way as other years

Its a very fast finish, essentially downhill or flat for the last 1.1K. For example, my avg was 3:50 min/k for the course but last K was 3:30

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck to those running this, I had entered but I'm not far enough along in my recovery from injury to be racing 10 miles I don't think.

I did ask the organisers about deferring until next year but they have refused and I didn't find them to be overly polite either.

Don't think I'll be entering this race again with Raheny on the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A decent day for me, the weather behaved, it could have been a lot worse.
    As usual, stellar organisation and a nice goodie bag, the Nike top is excellent, just like previous years and they had a good selection of sizes when I was passing through.

The Avonmore Protein Milk at the end was a great idea, way better than the Lucozade sport high sugar drinks.

I didn't go to the hall for the grub after, we hit the road straight after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

Excellent event all round. Lovely course and very well ran. Only minor fault was the finishing shute was very slow though, seemed to take an age. My first Dungarvan and will definitely be back.

Results anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

I didn't go to the hall for the grub after, we hit the road straight after the race.

Grub was fantastic as usual! Great to have pacers at 5 min Intervals. Yeah, finishing chute was slow, but moving. Goodie bag and T- shirt excellent. Weather was perfect for me, wind on your back up the long Hill at 9 miles!

Apparently results delayed until tomorrow due to technical difficulties?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

Grub was fantastic as usual! Great to have pacers at 5 min Intervals. Yeah, finishing chute was slow, but moving. Goodie bag and T- shirt excellent. Weather was perfect for me, wind on your back up the long Hill at 9 miles!

Apparently results delayed until tomorrow due to technical difficulties?

Yep from Facebook it seems that their chip timing failed them so it's all been done manually. Long night ahead for them, probably explains the delay at the finish too. Also loads of people around me didn't stay in any kind of order after the finishing line so it's probably from the video.
    Still great event

Advertisement