Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10M, Sunday, January 31, 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

First time racing down here. Excellent event. I think I just made it under the 65. The goody bag was great. Forget the protein milk the kit kat chunky didn't make it to the car.

I have done the Sean Kelly cycle down in Dungarvan the past few years. Two excellently run events. Considering the disruption these events take the people of Dungarvan are so welcoming.

Thanks to the volunteers, organisers and the two 65 minute pacers. Great event will have to make sure I book it early again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

They had kit Kat chunkys?? I got a Yorkie. Feck sake... #not happy. Everything else was great though, top notch and a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Did this today for the 5th time in 8 yrs. Shirt is very good quality and a nice colour.
    Never had anything like that delay at the end any other year and with the 130pm start driving back to Dublin afterwards took from it a bit. No results but they are always inaccurate as they do not use a start map for the 10 anyways so i just use the watch instead.
    It's a good way to keep motivated in January at least and a kick in the backside when you realise how much fitness gets lost over Xmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JohnDozer wrote: »
    They had kit Kat chunkys?? I got a Yorkie. Feck sake... #not happy. Everything else was great though, top notch and a good performance.

I'll swap ya for my Mars bar, I'd love a Yorkie :D

I'll swap ya for my Mars bar, I'd love a Yorkie :D

Mars as well!?!? Oh man, what did I do to deserve treatment like this. John Treacy 10 miler is now on my blacklist!

• Advertisement

hawkwing wrote: »
    Did this today for the 5th time in 8 yrs. Shirt is very good quality and a nice colour.
    Never had anything like that delay at the end any other year and with the 130pm start driving back to Dublin afterwards took from it a bit. No results but they are always inaccurate as they do not use a start map for the 10 anyways so i just use the watch instead.
    It's a good way to keep motivated in January at least and a kick in the backside when you realise how much fitness gets lost over Xmas :o

Apparently it is chip timed from the start this year, from the overhead gantry. Stayed on the Facebook page. Bonus 10 seconds I didn't know I was getting!

Although i see the chip timing may have failed. We live in hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

hawkwing wrote: »

Clearly it was chipped timed on both ends as you passed through a gantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brenmur

Tough day at the office, not enough miles in the legs to hold the pace over the full 10 but faster than last year (still slower than the year before). Roll on Ballycotton.

Really liked the milk afterwards, twas just the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Thanks to the volunteers, organisers and the two 65 minute pacers. Great event will have to make sure I book it early again next year.

Those guys were excellent for sure! First time I've ever seen a pacer helping someone (by holding their vest) to change out of a long sleeve t-shirt during a run :) Happened more than once as well!

Think it was my first time in Dungarvan where it wasn't on the cold side, bit of wind in parts of the course but not as bad as I feared. Found the first 6 miles with the group grand but after that was wishing I hadn't run the marathon in Staplestown last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Meant to say the placing of a clock at the 9 mile marker was a great motivator (kick in the hole).

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Is there any update on the official results. I need to see how far behind the winner I was ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    Is there any update on the official results. I need to see how far behind the winner I was ðŸ˜႒

Thursday morning they said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

results can be found here, day early than projected

http://www.westwaterfordathletics.org/images/pdfs/JT_2016.pdf

Advertisement