Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 30 visa for the states

Options
  • 01-10-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm in my mid 30 and I'm looking for a visa for the states. But all I can find online is for post grad or student and I'm neither. I'm just looking for the same visa as oz. So I can visit the States and how beautiful it is too

I would be great full for any help possible

Thank you
    Joseph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

The green card lotto application is opening today but the odds are tiny and would be 2 years before you could move if successful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There is no "working holiday" type visa for the US other than the one for students, if that is what you are seeking. it is very difficult to get any visa for the USA, other than the Visa Waiver or if you are a close relative of a US citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

If you are simply wishing to travel to the U.S. you do not need a visa for stays of up to 90 days.

However if you wish to work or stay longer it is much more complicated. Unlike Australia or Canada there is no Self-sponsoring visa for the US, but which I mean that you cannot apply for a visa on your own. Instead a U.S. citizen must sponsor you either as a family member or as an employee, the criteria as which type of family members or employees are exceptionally strict and the numbers of visas are limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

How many times has this type of question been asked on here :D

Advertisement