Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any sensible reason to upgrade from a 6+ to 6s+?

• 01-10-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭

I love my 6 plus, i have years of changing phones every 4-5 months behind me, but this is the one phone i have kept for a year.

I love shiney new things, but is there any sane reason to get the 6s+?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I went from the 6+ to the 6s+ and it's a worthy upgrade, IMO.

The extra features are what made me go for it, and the hardware upgrades of course, the extra ram is quite noticeable when using the phone, the camera is amazing, live photos aren't really all that great in realworld use, but the extra megapixels are nice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

eeloe wrote: »
    I went from the 6+ to the 6s+ and it's a worthy upgrade, IMO.

The extra features are what made me go for it, and the hardware upgrades of course, the extra ram is quite noticeable when using the phone, the camera is amazing, live photos aren't really all that great in realworld use, but the extra megapixels are nice! :)

What was your net cost of changing from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I went from 6+ to 6s, 6s is way faster.. not sure about Plus vs Non plus (yet), told my 6+ for 600, bought my 6s for 948.. maybe I will pay about 122 extra for 6s+ in a week or so.

Prices are excluding 30 euro travel costs ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

What was your net cost of changing from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus?

I paid 960 for the 6s+ 64gb.

I gave my 6+ to my wife, so i had to take the hit on the new device and pay full retail for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The processor alone is reason to go from 6 plus to 6s plus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

eeloe wrote: »
    I paid 960 for the 6s+ 64gb.

I gave my 6+ to my wife, so i had to take the hit on the new device and pay full retail for it.

Couldnt offer a part trade in? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

I think you'd be OK for another year with the plus easily.

Bound to be a difference, but a negligible one (unless there was something wrong with you plus). It's not as if it's taking forever to do anything on it.

If you're an ardent photographer, the camera should be good enough as is, even in point and shoot mode (in that I'm sure you'd know better than the rest of us how to set it to what you want to achieve).

Having had a 6 plus, I personally see no reason to change.

Advertisement