Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penny Dreadful

Options
  • 01-10-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone know where Penny Dreadful is been filmed in Dublin or Wicklow over the next few weeks???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Locations aren't likely to be published. Without some one on the inside, I'd reckon there'll be filming at Kings Inn, Henrietta St; Dublin Castle; Dame Lane; maybe Eustace St. As for figuring out when to catch them, I wouldn't have a clue as it could be any time over a few months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Not sure about future filming but they were in Collins Barracks two weeks ago. The Riding School was closed and being used by them.

I see them often enough. I might see or hear about them over the next few weeks.

As tricky said, they wouldn't publish locations. You'd have to find them yourself or rely on others to let you know if they see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

There was something being filmed on one of the streets (I always forget its name but it one that seems to get used a lot for filming stuff) beside Guinness's yesterday, I was passing by it on a bus at around 3.15 but I have no idea what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 motleybilly

tricky D wrote: »
    Locations aren't likely to be published. Without some one on the inside, I'd reckon there'll be filming at Kings Inn, Henrietta St; Dublin Castle; Dame Lane; maybe Eustace St. As for figuring out when to catch them, I wouldn't have a clue as it could be any time over a few months.
    Yeah.. saw filming a few weeks ago.. have family over from Norway who are fans.. just taking a chance that someone might see something..

Peregrine wrote: »
    Not sure about future filming but they were in Collins Barracks two weeks ago. The Riding School was closed and being used by them.

I see them often enough. I might see or hear about them over the next few weeks.

As tricky said, they wouldn't publish locations. You'd have to find them yourself or rely on others to let you know if they see them.

Cheers.. if you hear anything do let me know.. thanks.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

A Garda told me it was Penny Dreadful on Monday as I cycled past. Same yesterday too.

Crane Street around from the Storehouse. Beside the Hopstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

They have transformed the street with the big Guinness gate into a sort of Victorian market set. They have even changed the name on the gate!

I walked past it yesterday evening and you can see a few bits and pieces going on but not much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They were down on Bull Alley early last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonder if that was what I saw in wicklow? Up at Glenmacnass waterfall on Millitary road just over a week ago, and a day or 2 later they were pulled in overlooking Lough Tay

That could also be The Vikings which is based out of Ashford Studios. They have been filming in Drumcondra too recently.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help.. if anyone sees anything when out about the city.. do please post.. thanks a mill...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Cienciano wrote: »
    Wonder if that was what I saw in wicklow? Up at Glenmacnass waterfall on Millitary road just over a week ago, and a day or 2 later they were pulled in overlooking Lough Tay

Vikings film at lough tay, you can see the "village" they have built on the shores of the lake from the road.

Fian wrote: »
    Vikings film at lough tay, you can see the "village" they have built on the shores of the lake from the road.

And just within 10 miles of base (Ashford) so no per diem payments for crew.

Advertisement